So, it would appear I have become somewhat of a serial kit starter....😳

the p61 has some progress but after a recent eBay purchase of a “completed” 1/48 monogram typhoon and loving the kit I want to try a FR 1b.

this was how it was earlier today:

tiffy

fuselage and lower wings in the freezer to try and break the glue.

wings in dettol to remove paint/decals.

camera fitting ordered off eBay.

now I know the gb rules say no “what if’s” and I will do my very best to get accurate makings (so far the fr 1b seems to be from July 44) but is this acceptable for the gb?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

now I know the gb rules say no “what if’s” and I will do my very best to get accurate makings (so far the fr 1b seems to be from July 44) but is this acceptable for the gb?

If the model is a reasonable representation, based on available information, of something that did serve ... then yes, that's ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

If the model is a reasonable representation, based on available information, of something that did serve ... then yes, that's ok.

Thanks @Robert Stuart - it may all end in disaster yet! 😁

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

well this beast fought me all the way.....

48447219687_9c7e47bd4d_b.jpg

48444310847_0095dcd0bc_b.jpg

Somewhat of a filler queen.....

And I ended up having to hack out the MLG and many thanks to @PlaStix , @Jonny and @Buzby061 for the kind donation of spare parts! 👍

As it turned out I found a picture online and the machine I did it as (well, apart from the wrong serials....) had a 4 blade prop and I ended up using the MLG parts from another monorgram typhoon so I have saved the "good" bits for a build when I'm in a bit of a better place to build (had some very sad events this week).

Anyway,  the end result is nothing compared to the other builds here but I'll stick some pics in the gallery.

Once again many thanks to all who've helped and advised on this "ahem" build!! 👍

• Like 2