lovely Model -

hard to believe ( when you play this tank in World of Tanks - its not very good  ) that this had a vertical stabiliser and above all , saved us from a bad defeat in the Western Desert

as it had a good accurate 75mm gun - that could fire a good High Explosive shell - so could take out Anti_TANK GUNS and above all , had a reliable engine and suspension 

only the British made Valentine was as good ) at that time period )

I recommend Rude Mechanicals by AJ Smithers , to find out how bad our mid and early war tanks really were

• Thanks 1

Not sure what you mean, but this is a build from several years ago, and given my glacial build rate, I probably won't be revisiting it. Too many other fish to fry.

John.

• 7 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 4:37 PM, Bullbasket said:

I had previously built a 1/72nd kit of the Grant from a Polish company, whose name escapes me, and I used the painting instructions from that kit for this build.

The only Polish 1/72 kit of the M3 medium tank (and supposedly the best in this scale) is one from Mirage Hobby, available in 4 Lee and 4 Grant boxings.

The one I have is the "Monty" command vehicle.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mirage-hobby-720805-command-tank-grant-mki--108220

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KRK4m said:

The only Polish 1/72 kit of the M3 medium tank (and supposedly the best in this scale) is one from Mirage Hobby,

Yes, that's the one Michael. I did mine in a similar scheme to this one. The Mirage one is a great little kit.

John.

The 2nd Dragoon guards, The Queens Bays, were my Uncles old regiment .

He was a tank commander who fought with them throughout the African campaign.

Wounded three times, twice seriously.

He's 92 now, alive and well and living with his Italian wife in a flat on our family farm.

That's an absolutely cracking model which I'll show him tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Diesel Gypsy said:

That's an absolutely cracking model which I'll show him tomorrow.

Thank you very much Dave. I would be honoured for you to show it to him.

John.

• Like 1