Italeri Fiat 131 Abarth Rally

Here is my latest classic rally car build. Im really enjoying building these classics and this was a pretty good kit.

The build went well apart from the chassis did not want to fit to the body, but after a bit of fettling I got there, the decals were a bit daunting but went down really well.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

Nicely done, those decals too indeed! I agree, these classic rally cars are great. That boxy look, what's not to like 🙂 

• Like 1

Looks like you've done a really nice job on this - can't say I envy you those decals though.

This is one of those kits for me which I really like the look of, but haven't quite got to the stage of pushing the button to buy it (quite a few models out there like that, and if I did press the button on them all I'd soon end up with a monster stash). Good to hear that it mostly went together quite easily though to give you that result.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, FunkyChiken said:

Great build here!, what paint did you use, and did you clear before decal application? If you didn't, then did you get any silvering?

Hi, thankyou.

I used Halfords Grey Primer, then Halfords Toyota White straight out of a rattle can, and I then used the Halfords Clear Lacquer.

Then I put the decals on with no issues. But you cant use the clear lacquer over the decals as it eats through them.