Mi- 8mt-17 hip .

Hewy

22 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

need to get some Tamiya XF-23 as I've just won something on a certain auction site

This  kit has got to be in my top 10 most enjoyable and best fitting model kits I've built .

And  , Pray tell?, would it have 2 seperate canopys, and mainly red stars on its flanks by any chance😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hewy said:

This  kit has got to be in my top 10 most enjoyable and best fitting model kits I've built .

And  , Pray tell?, would it have 2 seperate canopys, and mainly red stars on its flanks by any chance😋

Really glad that you're enjoying this build so much, and it shows in your progress and quality of your build.

As for the purchase.... well that would be telling wouldn't it! It only has one canopy and does come with red stars, but mine might not have red starts on it, we shall see.

• Haha 1

I hope you disguise  your internet and banking passwords  a bit better, I'm taking an educated guess with a letter so as not to spoil the fun  its the letter  "A"  ..?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hewy said:

I hope you disguise  your internet and banking passwords  a bit better, I'm taking an educated guess with a letter so as not to spoil the fun  its the letter  "A"  ..?

Now, there is an A in the manufacturers name but not in the aircraft's and it's first production model is designated "A" but it's not by Mil :) .

45 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Now, there is an A in the manufacturers name but not in the aircraft's and it's first production model is designated "A" but it's not by Mil :) .

Dah ,you got me,I'm  lost

• Haha 1

Got a bit of the paint done, just the green to mask up,and some touch ups, may need to redo the light blue at the rear doors, its maybe a bit too narrow

BqucaBF.jpg

h7ikac4.jpg

HZbUEtE.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks craig, nearly done the paint , i decided to freehand the green patches on , but im not happy with how much blue is showing on the tail and the rear doors so im going to alter that once the paints dry, looks a bit odd because the only green i had was a gloss

K2gYHcl.jpg

LZnUBdS.jpg

• Like 6

Blimey, no mess tins with you :o  Really nice work indeed. One I was thinking about getting 

so I'll ask the question, which one is the better kit  Zevesda  or Hobbyboss ? 

Regards

Dan 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Blimey, no mess tins with you :o  Really nice work indeed. One I was thinking about getting 

so I'll ask the question, which one is the better kit  Zevesda  or Hobbyboss ? 

Regards

Dan 

Apparently the hobbyboss kit dan ,according to almost  all the reviews i saw, theres no weopons or the rails they hang from unfortunately , in either of the hobbyboss kits,  for a  brief moment i considered getting the zvezda kit just for the weopons bits,

Btw the speed of the build is testament to how much I've enjoyed this kit, the fit is superb,

Cheers

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That looks fantastic Glynn, wish I could spray freehand like that.

Shouldn't take you long to add the extra blue and then you will be on to the decals before you know it.

Cheers craig its all done and drying ready for gloss and decals, I'll  post a picture after the cricket, or if we go belly up,  really enjoyed it, i treated myself a couple of months ago to a new airbrush with a 0.2 needle so i cant take all the credit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

This is looking mighty fine!  I am around this stage too...

Thanks john,I'll  catch up in a bit I've  just finished watching the cricket,🤗

Just a couple of pictures of where it currently is, just the rotors to sort , decals, and some weathering

VDTBagp.jpg

njDP3u8.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

That's amazing.  I noticed that your air cleaners are uncovered.  Are you painting them a seperate colour?

Thanks john much appreciated, ah yes I forgot those john well spotted , in my own little world with this , I'll  pop em on when i decal it up

8 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That really does look excellent Glynn, I think you were right to add the extra blue under the tail.

This must be your quickest build yet, now lets see knocking out one Mi-8/17 every 2 weeks means that you can build a total of 8 Hips for the GB!

Cheers craig ,but , I've  come unstuck now and my little gallop has ended  because i made a start on the hind while i was watching history unfold on my pad, its a lot more complex than this fall together kit,you get engines and the rotor hub so you can have it all open if you choose, so i might do that,the hind may take a bit longer,

• Like 1

Whilst the Zvezda Hind does look very impressive it is certainly not as quick and simple a build as the Hobby Boss Mi-8. 

I'm actually considering getting the Hobby Boss Mi-24 over the Zvezda one as it would be a simpler build and it comes with a ton of weapons, I know it doesn't have the slightly off set rear fuselage like the Zvezda kit does but it looks good and will build easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Whilst the Zvezda Hind does look very impressive it is certainly not as quick and simple a build as the Hobby Boss Mi-8. 

I'm actually considering getting the Hobby Boss Mi-24 over the Zvezda one as it would be a simpler build and it comes with a ton of weapons, I know it doesn't have the slightly off set rear fuselage like the Zvezda kit does but it looks good and will build easily.

Also craig the zvezda kit although very nice, and detailed options it also  suffers from flash on a lot of areas , and very shallow detail on the fuselage, some may like that but over zealous painting and sanding will obliterate it, it doesn't look deep enough to hold a wash in places,and you know how i like to overdo the weathering somtimes 😁 I'll  post some close up pictures tomorrow ,i really like the hobbyboss helo kits ,apparently the helix b is a real good one in 72nd

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hewy said:

,i really like the hobbyboss helo kits ,apparently the helix b is a real good one in 72nd

I like the look of them too, Ive just taken delivery of one of their other kits, have a look at my J-7 build and all will be revealed :) .

A Helix you say, now there's an idea!

• Thanks 1

That's looking the biz Glynn from the cockpit to the near final finish great work,always fancied doing this kit I'm a big fan of HB's Helicopter's

this has got me wanting one!

Thanks to all who have commented and liked this rather brief build,i think we need these quick no nonsense builds every now and then to keep th mojo piqued, I'm  calling this finished,  i know I've not painted the window wipers , but until i get some new close up glasses ,I'd probably make a pigs ear of them,

Here it is afghanistan air force mi-17 hip

Glynn

gDXVcoe.jpg

MkZ8nA3.jpg

cayJBmf.jpg

gZf2CCB.jpg

oqbPf4M.jpg

• Like 4