1/32nd F-100D ANG

Here are the final set of shots taken outside on a cloudy day. Glad this one is over - largely my own fault having dropped it and that fact that Trumpeter and the UK distributor off now spares parts service whatsoever (I tried several times with both and received no response).

The kit had the very extensive Eduard series of sets, Aires cockpit, exhaust and wheel bays, Avionix cockpit etc

There are a number of mistakes - small tanks, early exhaust when it should be the later one. I am sure there are a bunch more. I also noticed post photographing that I have knocked the fuse extenders so that are not all equally spread. 

I was pleased with the effect of reducing the pin cushion divots that Trumpeter wanted to pass as rivets. 

7EBMSM.jpg

i5tEjq.jpg

B5fHct.jpg

c4hjuw.jpg

3Njpty.jpg

JXUb8a.jpg

FW0KXT.jpg

iEPdJX.jpg

Next stop finish the 2 x CMR Buccaneers and 3x CMR Scimitars

• Like 21

Nice job there!

Looks very convincing up close!

What technique did you use for reducing the rivets? I'm having a go on a 1/48 Wyvern using Mr Surfacer 1000.

ATB
Rick

Your F100D is a mighty model & looks great - having seen one of my nearly completed models flip off my desk to the floor I can appreciate the resolve needed to pick up the bits & put it back together again - look forward to seeing those Buccaneers & Scimitars done

CJP

On 7/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, Spad said:

Nice job there!

Looks very convincing up close!

What technique did you use for reducing the rivets? I'm having a go on a 1/48 Wyvern using Mr Surfacer 1000.

ATB
Rick

Hi Rick, thanks for your comments. I used Mr Surfacer 500 - a couple of coats which dramatically reduced them.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:38 PM, RMCS said:

Superb,  you must pop along to a club meeting at Tangmere with the Tangmere Sector modellers sometime

Hi, could you let me know more details regarding what night and where you are as I am only on Barnham.