Comet C4

Meatbox8

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

Comet dimensions from 'Flight' are,

Comet 4 Span 115ft Length 111ft 6ins

Comet 4B Span 107ft 10 ins Length 118ft

Comet 4C Span 115ft Length 118ft

Thanks.  The big question for me is can I live with a wing which is 15cm too narrow or do I build some extensions.  Hmmm.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

@Meatbox8. The thread I knew I had bookmarked with good diagrams about the wing extensions, it appears also that Whirlybird who have released a 1/72 tail pipe set for the Mach 2 & Airways vac kits will also do one i 1/144, I'll be up for a couple, a weak point of the Airfix kit. The link is to Whirlybirds Facebook page.

Steve.

Thank you Steve.  I will definitely take a look at those links.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:45 AM, Meatbox8 said:

Just a quick question (I hope).  Now that there are a number of very nice looking kits available I have decided that in future all large RAF transports I will build are going to be 144th scale for reasons of cost and storage.  So, my question is was the RAF's Comet C4 essentially the same airframe as the Comet 4C? As I understand it the Comet 4C was the stretched Comet 4B fuselage married to the Comet 4 wings with tanks.  I see that 2 6 Decals do a wing tip/tank conversion for the Comet 4/4C so I'm hoping this will be a relatively straight forward conversion.

Cheers. 

Yes,  the Comet C.4 was the RAF designation for the Mk.4C. 

• Like 1