Tamiya Porsche 1/24 Jagermeister

Hi there,

This was the first car kit i built about 2 years ago. I chose this kit because of the jagermeister livery which is one of my favorites. The kit itself went together with no issues and i was quite happy with the end result.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely job, superb paintjob for a first car model! :thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith to be fair it was this kit that inspired me to make more which I have since but having seen your photos of the Lancia intergrale I just have to build one soon

15 minutes ago, Codger said:

Now please advance to the 1/12 version from Tamiya. Your skills demand it. !

Thanks for the kind comment to be fair I didn't realize that Tamiya made this kit in 1/12 a nice idea for the future maybe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Keith to be fair it was this kit that inspired me to make more which I have since but having seen your photos of the Lancia intergrale I just have to build one soon

They weren't my pics unfortunately Andy, I just commented on them - but I agree, they are inspiring!

Keith

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

They weren't my pics unfortunately Andy, I just commented on them - but I agree, they are inspiring!

Keith

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding however the intergrale has shot up my to do list on the back of those pics

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

Really great Porsche 935, i love the Jägermeister look so much too, you have made a great paint job.

Thanks I painted this car with a tamiya rattlecan I have since progressed to an airbrush to achieve a better finish.

• Like 1

Thanks, the wheels are the stock parts supplied with the kit I simply painted the centers of the wheels the correct colour and detailed the centre caps 

17 hours ago, Codger said:

Now please advance to the 1/12 version from Tamiya. Your skills demand it. !

Just out of interest I'm posting a shelby cobra build later today

• Like 1

Very nicely done, even more so if it's your first car. I have to say that it compares very favourably to the real thing which I was lucky enough to see in action earlier this year - I hope you'll forgive the gratuitous photo as these Porsches produce very photogenic flames from the exhaust.

48199263536_d5acd33588_c.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Very nicely done, even more so if it's your first car. I have to say that it compares very favourably to the real thing which I was lucky enough to see in action earlier this year - I hope you'll forgive the gratuitous photo as these Porsches produce very photogenic flames from the exhaust.

48199263536_d5acd33588_c.jpg

That's a cool pic and one of only a few I've actually seen thanks for posting 👍

4 hours ago, RadMax8 said:

Awesome job on a classic livery. I’m working on a BMW 320i with the same livery. 

Thanks the BMW 320i jagermeister is a kit that I also will be building in the future. Post some pics when you're finished 👍

Will do. It’s been a long build, kinda stopped up on painting the black trim around the windows, hasn’t been the easiest to mask, and I think I’m just hesitant to ruin it!

19 minutes ago, RadMax8 said:

Will do. It’s been a long build, kinda stopped up on painting the black trim around the windows, hasn’t been the easiest to mask, and I think I’m just hesitant to ruin it!

I use Vallejo model colour black for window trim. Mask around the trim and brush paint the black remove the tape and wipe off any bleed with a damp cotton bud works for me.

• 3 weeks later...