Started over the Easter weekend, finished 1st July, with a break in the middle for a hernia operation - not bad going considering :)

This is the resin kit by Simian Stuff, available from Kits for Cash

DSC_9189.JPG

It was a bit of a beast as this was one of the earlier kits, the newer ones have a different parts breakdown. It was painted with Halfords primers and Appliance White, but given a Daler & Rowney matt varnish at the end. The decals which come with the kit were printed by JBOT and are lovely. I added a load more from the spares box for the "No Step" stencils and so on.  The build thread is here, in which you can see me 'wrestle' with the resin, hole, gaps and voids!

It measures:

Length: 2' 6" (80cm)

Width: 17"  (43cm)

Height: 7" (18cm)

DSC_2852.JPG

DSC_2853.JPG

DSC_2855.JPG

DSC_2856.JPG

DSC_2857.JPG

DSC_2858.JPG

DSC_2860.JPG

DSC_2861.JPG

DSC_2862.JPG

This is not a decal - it was masked and painted!

DSC_2863.JPG

DSC_2864.JPG

DSC_2865.JPG

Some details not easily visible now: Instrument panel

DSC_2773.JPG

Now my main problems are two fold:

1) Find a box big enough to transport this to model shows and protect it in transit

2) Find a place to display it in my house!

At the moment it has pride of place on my coffee table!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Huge WOW! from me. 

Now you need to buy a new house with a huge bay window for use as a display area.

Oh, and a specially adapted Transit van for transporting the interceptor.

Expensive business this, isn't it?

Pete

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Huge WOW! from me. 

Along with a very humble blimey, and blinking flip from the Malvern Hill's as well sir,

A fantastic build thread with a wonderful result after all your efforts and master class WIP. Fabulous. She looks stunning in this scale, Brilliant stuff. S.I.G  

Cheers 😎

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, whitestar12chris said:

Saw this in person at smallspace on sunday, she's a beauty. Cracking job Kallisti, very well done.

Have to agree. It does look great. I only have one question: which Angel is in the cockpit? 😎 My best guess is Rhapsody -- am I right?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It now has its own cutom built travel box:

DSC_2991.JPG

The cardboard box was constructed from a 30" x 20" x 20" heavy duty box, but I still had to add 2" onto the length as the tail sites back a bit from the fuselage and I'd only measure the fuselage as 30" long! So the box is 32" long, 20 inches wide and 10" deep.

At the bottom is a custom cut piece of foam with slots cut in to take the 1:24 interceptor plus slots for the small Airfix Interceptor and my models of the SPV and Spectrum Saloon car. There is also LOADS of room to allow me to pack other models into the empty space with suitable bubble wrap protections.

• Like 2