1/32 number plates

Steve86

This is the font:

https://www.dafont.com/uk-number-plate.font

The standard plate is 16mm x 3.5mm in 1/32, with the squarer rear plate option being 9mm x 6.5mm. You'll probably find you need about 9pt in the font to fit. If you use an art programme to create you plates, you'll be able to scale the text part to fit exactly.

Here's all you need to know about making up numbers:

http://www.cvpg.co.uk/REG.pdf

best,

M.

Alternatively, if you don't want all the hassle, try George Turner Models. He makes resin slot cars but does some decals too. Number plate decal sheet is DEC-1 listed under accessories. It's 5 quid + postage.

I think Colorado Decals do more modern plates.

Dave

For UK number plates I paint the number plate area then use 1/144 scale numbers and letters

eg

Jaguar%20SS100%2C%2031s-M.jpg

1912%20Ford%20Model%20T%2C%2012s-M.jpg

Sorry I've no 1960s -70s cars photos available but they are similar.

I use a gloss white paint on the front and a bright yellow paint on the rear plates, or gloss black for the early plates (pre-1967? in GB, pre-1972 in N.I.) If the model does not come with a number plate I cut one from plastic card. The legal size of the numbers on cars is 3 1/8 to 3 1/4 inch tall (at least they are in N.I.) this transfers to 2.48 to 2.57mm so I use 2.5 mm white or black letters suitable for 1/144 models. I get them from a seller on ebay

• Like 1

These are all just printed out on photo paper and cut out. The thickness of the paper works fine as is for a metal number plate, so I just use some white glue to attach the print out directly to the bumper or tail panel...:

front-right-corner-M.jpg

high-front-right-M.jpg

classic-british-sportsters-2-M.jpg

rear-view-M.jpg

The fun part (for saddos like me, anyway) is being able to make the number plate "say" whatever you want, though I try to make all mine "legal". The small Airfix cars are all destined for Classic British Kits SIG displays, so I have quite a few that are "registered" CBK something or other...

best,

M.

• Like 2