1/48 Hasegawa F-15C Eagle Kadena AFB

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That is a lovely smooth coat of primer and shows what a good job of the assembly you did.

The metal areas look excellent Mark, which paint have you used for the metallic paint?

Thank you sir!

I used a silver paint by a company called E7. They mainly cater to the Gundam builders’ market. 

Mark

• Like 1

Some progress this week.

I had a choice of using the Hasegawa kit nozzles or a spare set from a Revell F-15E. My understand is that it was around the early 80s when the Eagles started losing their turkey feathers so either set of cans could work.

48698856613_11925f3901_b.jpg

Decided on the Revell set in the end as they were a lot better detailed. Here they are after painting and weathering. I may add some oils to them at a later time.

48699370977_9bd893c5b8_b.jpg

Mark

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I have to put this one on the back burner. 

The boss of my local hobby shop passed me a pre-production copy of the new Tamiya P-38F/G and requested that I complete it before the production kits hit the market. 

I’ll try to finish the Lightning build ASAP and get back to the Eagle before the deadline if possible. 

48756682073_6b65bd94e0_b.jpg

Mark

• Sad 1

• 7 months later...

Hello Mark. I saw the process of building HAs. F-15C in 1/48 scale. What is the state of construction at this time. I decide between Hasegawa PT49 and GWH C. I have an update complete cokpit + engine Aries resin and Decal ANG Oregon. Thx for your info. Edward, Czech Republic.