Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

Hi folks just been trying to get around the mass of builds in the Frog GB and unless I've missed it no thread on a proposed Revell GB, wondered if anyone had

any thoughts as far as the timescale for eligibility,personally I think it's time to blow the BL***y doors of the Revell back catalogue as far as subject chuck the 

lot in Ships,Cars,Armour,Aircraft,Space,cats and dogs  put in a cutoff date somewhere in the eighties and it covers the vast majority of BM members interests

and allows anyone to do a GB.Extra points for box art of what you may have or want to have.

OK folk's time to make a list of interested folk so far.

1 Me. as Host.

2 Corsairfoxforuncle.(co host)        18 Zebra

3 Silver Fox.                                        19 Johnson.

4 Richard Humm.                              20The plastic surgeon.

5 Tony W.                                            21 VP.                                    

6 Wez.                                                 22 Srkirad

7 Nimrod54.                                       23 Hockeyboy.

8 Spaddad.                                         24 Dnl42.

9 Jockney.                                          25. Modelling minnion.

10 Rabbit leader.                               26.Romeo Alpha Yankee.

11 Paul J.                                           27.Kushan-Farsight.

12 Paul821.

13 Cliff B.

14 RayS.

15 Arniec.

16 Ventora.

17 John D C Masters.

• Like 5

I believe there was a suggestion for a Classic Monogram group build. But not sure if it was in another classic group builds discussion area, or if it actually became a proposal ? I don't know if you would combine a Revell with Monogram build ? Though they were intertwined for a very long time. I would think it should be considered at least ? By the way you can check me off for an entry. 

Dennis

*️⃣*️⃣*️⃣ The official cut off date is 1989 *️⃣*️⃣*️⃣

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Next year's classic GB is the Heller one hosted by...  ... Me!

A classic Revell GB wouldn't be until 2021 I guess, in which case I'd be up for it!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Wez said:

Next year's classic GB is the Heller one hosted by...  ... Me!

A classic Revell GB wouldn't be until 2021 I guess, in which case I'd be up for it!

And I'm definitely up for a few in the Heller GB Wez!

4 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Well not sure how to officially propose this one!

You did it just by starting this thread. Thats pretty much all you need to do. Start a list of names of those interested in your original post. As a member of the Mafia if you want a co-host let me know. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Did someone say "Classic Kit GB"?? .... I suppose I could somehow find the strength to participate!!  

Ye'd better add my name to the list, but hopefully there will be a decent break between this and Wez's Heller GB or we'll need to start a rehab group for those of (us) who seem to enjoy this type of self inflicted torture. 

Cheers.. Dave   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Did someone say "Classic Kit GB"?? .... I suppose I could somehow find the strength to participate!!  

Ye'd better add my name to the list, but hopefully there will be a decent break between this and Wez's Heller GB or we'll need to start a rehab group for those of (us) who seem to enjoy this type of self inflicted torture. 

Cheers.. Dave   

I'd think 2021 would be the aiming point Dave.

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You did it just by starting this thread. Thats pretty much all you need to do. Start a list of names of those interested in your original post. As a member of the Mafia if you want a co-host let me know. 

Dennis

Your more than welcome Dennis early days but I think with the broad scope of subjects and kits it could be a biggie,be nice to see Cars,trucks

Ships and Space/Sci fi in the mix as well as Aircraft wondered what anyone,s thoughts would be for that cut off date do we set it at 1980? And

the other thing driving this suggestion was bringing as many of the people and genre's here into one GB what about it being called the Classic

American kit GB being obviously Revell/Monogram but adding Aurora and Lindberg two Companies which did some great stuff but would struggle

to get a GB of their own?(by the way not barring Revell German and UK offering's up to the date).

Edited by stevej60

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

I've still got an original Revell PZL P-11c and in its original box with decals.

A kit I well remember building Paul in the old frame style box I loved the 109 and Spitfire artwork too.

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Count me in please Steve but without wishing to muddy the waters would you need to include Italeri kits as well ?

Cheers Pat 

Sorry I missed this post Pat hence the suggested Lindberg/Aurora addition,I'm sure by 2021 you could possibly, maybe,definitely suggest and host an Italeri

GB? Oh great, I'm in!

Edited by stevej60

6 hours ago, stevej60 said:

wondered what anyone,s thoughts would be for that cut off date do we set it at 1980?

Id say 1989, that way you open it up to the century series aircraft Monogram did. 1989 was 30 years ago so thats a fair cut off in my opinion ? Of course its your build so go with what feels good to you.  

Dennis

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:36 PM, Wez said:

A classic Revell GB wouldn't be until 2021

If Monogram was included then I could at last be tempted to remove this from my stash

DSC03773

It is the longest (in two senses of the word) member of the stash. It's been there over 40 years (so another two will not hurt) and survived eight house moves and one more to come before 2021. As can be seen from the above it has also had a couple of abortive attempts to start it - but Is still well within the 25% rule.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Sorry I missed this post Pat hence the suggested Lindberg/Aurora addition,I'm sure by 2021 you could possibly, maybe,definitely suggest and host an Italeri

GB? Oh great, I'm in!

Apologies Steve as some Italeri kits shared revell heritage and visa versa I wondered if they should be included in this GB ?

• Like 1

Hello, can you count me in too please? I would like to try something different for me, namely:

48255245451_85fd24c894_b.jpg

I have had this in the stash for quite a while, and I got it for nostalgic reasons. As a wee wippersnapper I had a die-cast Ford Fairlane when I lived in Aden, and for some reason I wanted to get a model of it, so after trawling Kingkit and other online model vendors, ended up with two Fairlanes, the '59 above and a newer version (relatively - it was the '60 one I think), but this was closer to the one I had.

Cheers, and I hope this GB goes ahead, there could well be some very esoteric models surfacing.

Ray

Edited by Ray S
Tidy the post
  • Like 6