Classic Revell-o-gram GB.

stevej60

Please count me in with this one. It must have been in that very brief period (1953 to 1953) when 1/60 scale was the thing.

spacer.png

• Like 2

One of my choices for this GB.

spacer.png

At first, I thought the box contents were made up of two seperate kits.  However it seems that Monogram were experiementing with the Matchbox two-colour approach, about fifteen years before Matchbox.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

My other choice for this GB. 

spacer.png

Like the F-105, I bought this one from that nice Mr Kingkit.  This one had never been opened as the box was still shrink-wrapped.  The sprues were nicely sealed as well.

spacer.png

Can hardly wait to get started on this...  :bounce:     It won't be a Thunderbirds jet though.

• Like 7

Can't promise anything at the moment, but I'll try to join !
I have a few that would qualify but I'd like to build something old to better follow the spirit of these "classic" GBs.

Contenders are things like the PZL P.11 or the Fokker D.VII. But I'm tempted to build Revell's own He.219, the one they used to sell before offering the former Frog kit.

Or I may build a true oldie, the 1/14something C-135.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Masters said:

I have to figure out what I have.  I tried to find a visual 'list' like the Matchbox website but I cannot find one.  I imagine I have reissues of some of these kits in the stash...

Will this help, John? 

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=&fkTYPENAME[]="Full kits"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Revell"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Monogram"&fkORIGIN[]="1"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1940-1949"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1950-1959"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1960-1969"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1970-1979"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1980-1989"

This is what we did for the last Heller Classic. 

The list displays all new tool Revell and Monogram kits from 1940 - 1989. If you uncheck the "new tool" you'll get a much bigger list of all re-releases. I don't mean to contribute this as "the list" for this GB but it may help.