Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

Lovely build. This is one I attempted at least once as a kid, hopefully I’ll finally do justice to it and I have a few months to choose a scheme. So far Richthofen, Jacobs and the French captured scheme are out, just need to sift through the many other interesting schemes, still I suppose it’ll be easier than deciding on the scheme for my Mig 21( although I’m leaning towards the Indian one with the black spots)

Yes makes you start to understand the IBM OS/2 adds from the eighties with the tag line ‘freedom from choice’..,

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Oh yes,proposed dates are June to November 2022!

Excellent, as the Matchbox Anniversary GB ends just as this one starts. I hope the other GB timings are as nicely spaced.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, airfixpeter said:

Count me in as I have the hms beagle date stamped 1956 on the inside of one Hull half

Couted in Peter a real classic too, BTW talking classic ships I saw a Revell Great Eastern go for £300 last week on a certain auction site!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Hmmm....2nd half of the year, huh?

Fair enough..

y4mbww0Gvm1vuSJTP9806hFf6z1H5T8Z1U8WeMD6

Great choice I built one a while back, I believe that's the Potter Bar Hertfordshire version,  you are a man of impeccable taste.

Cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, Desk Flyer said:

Classic Revell you say? I'm game! I want a good excuse to build this one 
166045-32432-76-720.jpg

When do we start? 😊

Hey @stevej60 I think you forgot to add me to the list? Or is the X-5 out of topic for this group build?

3 hours ago, Desk Flyer said:

I think you forgot to add me to the list? Or is the X-5 out of topic for this group build?

I will get round to updating the list asap and that looks a perfect kit to enter!:clap:

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 3:45 PM, drdjp11 said:

Is this "classic" enough?

(Also, is there a tentative schedule for this GB yet?)

spacer.png

1/59.7 scale Vought F7U Cutlass in case that isn't obvious.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Is the medal a special award for being the strangest scale ever?!

Meanwhile for me, I"ve tracked down one of these

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-4175-bell-p-39-airacobra--143795 

Newer boxing but it has the' distinction' of being the first ever Revell kit I did. Christmas present from someone, after a diet of Airfix and Frog I thought it was the most exotic thing ever!!

• Like 1

Sincere apologies if I’m asking the obvious question here, however did we ever decide what was the kit release / manufacturing cut-off year for this GB? I can see something about 1989 on the first page, although am not sure if this was ever confirmed. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

• Like 1

I am struggling for modelling mojo at the moment  but if I can stir myself from my torpor I would like to join this GB.

Build thoughts? 1:48 Spitfire Mk IX, probably the first Monogram I ever built.  Alternatively, perhaps a 1:72 Revell Catalina.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Sincere apologies if I’m asking the obvious question here, however did we ever decide what was the kit release / manufacturing cut-off year for this GB? I can see something about 1989 on the first page, although am not sure if this was ever confirmed. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

Digging through the whole thread Ive come up with 1986 and 1989. 1986 is the year the two companies merged, 1989 was listed as a cutoff due to it being 30 yrs ago and also covering the release dates of the 1/48 century series kits. I think its up to @stevej60 to make a command decision. Either seems logical and will work for me, however my personal preference us the 1989 date. 

• Thanks 1

For me I think I'll go with "All Systems GO! Launch Complex with Atlas Booster/Mercury capsule. I want to say I got it in the 90's as a  re-box but original copyright is 1962.

51692076044_ccb4e65815_c.jpg

51692284675_351f1636de_c.jpg

Barring that I have  CH-53 Sikorsky from 1981, . The rest of my Revell Stash is 1990 to present. or Monogram

• Like 2