Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

One of my choices for this GB.

spacer.png

At first, I thought the box contents were made up of two seperate kits.  However it seems that Monogram were experiementing with the Matchbox two-colour approach, about fifteen years before Matchbox.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

My other choice for this GB. 

spacer.png

Like the F-105, I bought this one from that nice Mr Kingkit.  This one had never been opened as the box was still shrink-wrapped.  The sprues were nicely sealed as well.

spacer.png

Can hardly wait to get started on this...  :bounce:     It won't be a Thunderbirds jet though.

• Like 9

Can't promise anything at the moment, but I'll try to join !
I have a few that would qualify but I'd like to build something old to better follow the spirit of these "classic" GBs.

Contenders are things like the PZL P.11 or the Fokker D.VII. But I'm tempted to build Revell's own He.219, the one they used to sell before offering the former Frog kit.

Or I may build a true oldie, the 1/14something C-135.....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John Masters said:

I have to figure out what I have.  I tried to find a visual 'list' like the Matchbox website but I cannot find one.  I imagine I have reissues of some of these kits in the stash...

Will this help, John? 

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=&fkTYPENAME[]="Full kits"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Revell"&fkCOMPNAME[]="Monogram"&fkORIGIN[]="1"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1940-1949"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1950-1959"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1960-1969"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1970-1979"&fkYEARRANGE[]="1980-1989"

This is what we did for the last Heller Classic. 

The list displays all new tool Revell and Monogram kits from 1940 - 1989. If you uncheck the "new tool" you'll get a much bigger list of all re-releases. I don't mean to contribute this as "the list" for this GB but it may help. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I'm tempted to get on board, I assume this ex Aurora kit is elligable?

It certainly is John, be great to have it in the GB.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I'm tempted to get on board, I assume this ex Aurora kit is elligable?

y4mVR5fW1Nnqcm16pP7KS_lf1fODoDtjtxehLflt

It would be a good excuse to get it built.

And in British racing Green I hope. Anything else would be, well, uncivilized.:hmmm:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

And in British racing Green I hope. Anything else would be, well, uncivilized.:hmmm:

I'm not sure about that, I'll have to look at pictures of DB4s and see what colour combination appeals most.  I'm thinking burgundy, dark blue or maybe a nice metallic (but not silver).

29 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

It certainly is John, be great to have it in the GB.

• Like 2

My 11th birthday 15 February 1971 not in the least interested in the fact we were going over to decimalisation but more interested in the fact

the folk's bought me what was up to then the biggest kit I'd had being Revell's 1/32 P-40 lord knows how bad a job I made of it maybe best

forgotten! the newsagent I delivered for stocked only Revell (the hardware store was exclusively Airfix) and the other newsagent got the

Matchbox range no wonder I never had any money those days.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's going to be a full on building year by the look of it. First up, the Matchbox GB will be getting my attention and as that one winds down this one opens up. Life is good.

I'm going to use this GB as a perfectly good excuse to build a couple (at least) of the kits that I've been meaning to do for too many years now.

I have a builder Phantom Mustang for starters and a very early '55 Cadillac coupe that will need a lot of work straightening out. It's pre polystyrene, made with acetate plastic and very prone to warping. If I only finish that one I'll be very happy. I'm sure there will be more though.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, stevej60 said:

15 February

A fellow Aquarian (mines the 17th) .  At least there are two sane people in this thread...🤪

I have found a Revell hawker Hunter F.Mk.6.  Scalemates says it is new as of 2005.  That is too new to be 'classic' isn't it?

15 minutes ago, klr said:

Is there an exact cut-off date agreed yet? I saw mid-80s mentioned in the opening post, but the exact date would certainly affect whether some of my kits were in or out.

Hello everyone Ive just discussed this with Steve. 1989 is the cut off year, anything produced by either of the companies is included. 

• Like 1