Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

Nice, will you just be building one or both of them? The Mountain Dew Regal was one of those that I built too. When Revell had their financial difficulties a couple of years ago  the Monogram NASCAR tools were sold to Salvinos JR models who, as you say, are reissuing some of them. 

I started a Richard Petty Pontiac Grand Prix a few years ago, I really need to get it finished. 

42126709280_e5bb56beb6_c.jpgDSCF9581 by timothy jones, on Flickr

• Like 4

@TimJ That boxing comes with only one kit but decals for cars #11 or #12. "Or" because it doesn't have full decal sheets for both. Monogram issued various "combo" sets with two full kits, though. The shop I bought the Monte Carlo from has Richard and Kyle Petty Grand Prix/Regal combo #43 and #42 for only 35€. Don't say a word... :giggle:

• Like 2

Nice!  I picked up a couple Bill Elliott T-birds for cheap a while back.....including the 1983 Melling boxing (don't think I had actually seen one of those in the flesh before).  Usually it's one of his Coors cars that turn up.  The decals are a little iffy sadly...so I may have to see if I can find some replacements.

• Like 2

I'm afraid I'll have to find another build for this GB...

2021-05-11_07-49-09

This Monogram classic is so sweet, I'll never manage to keep my hands off her for so long! The box has taken some hits and the plastic some s***, or something, but it'll get a nice lukewarm bath and that'll fix it :winkgrin:

This bud's definitely for me :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If you can't wait to build it you could enter it in the Unarmed GB. I'm thinking of entering one of mine once the Celica is finished.

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TimJ said:

If you can't wait to build it you could enter it in the Unarmed GB. I'm thinking of entering one of mine once the Celica is finished.

My thoughts exactly, but at this moment I have too many wips to start yet another, before I manage to finish MANY of them :giggle:

Problem solved :thumbsup:. Terry Labonte´s #44 Piedmont Monte Carlo SS (kit #2299) and the Racing Pettys Combo (kit #6389) , including Kyle's #42 Regal and The :king: Richard's #43 Grand Prix, on order :coolio:.

Come, 2022!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was going to suggest buying the Racing Pettys Combo but you've beaten me to it. 😀 The Piedmont Monte Carlo is another one of the three that I built back in the 80's, 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/06/2021 at 19:58, Dermo245 said:

Count me in please @stevej60

Pics of classic Revell-o-gram plastic to follow shortly!

Cheers,

Dermot

Will do Dermo,now this upheaval of Covid is nearly ended and the job change of last year is settled down I'll back track and update the list

of interested folk's.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:51 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

This kit has been built in InterceptorsGB, with nothing else appropriate remaing in my stash.

Could I be taken off the list for this one.

Just spotted that I'm still on the list of supporters for this proposal.

My only eligable kit that I had, is now built - so could I be taken off the list.

If that changes, and I can offer support in the future - I'll let you all know what kit I've got.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Just spotted that I'm still on the list of supporters for this proposal.

My only eligable kit that I had, is now built - so could I be taken off the list.

If that changes, and I can offer support in the future - I'll let you all know what kit I've got.

Hi TPS

Is that something I can help you with PM me, if I can help.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi TPS

Is that something I can help you with PM me, if I can help.

Cheers Pat

Thanks for that kind thought Pat.  Could I come back to you nearer the event?

It's likely that I'm going to a Collectors Fayre next weekend - so we live in hope of finding plastic.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Please tell me you are going to base them on the real ones you have in the garage :pray:

Cheers Pat

Only if I can find them.  They're tucked away at the back of the garage behind all the others :winkgrin:

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2021 at 7:58 PM, Dermo245 said:

Pics of classic Revell-o-gram plastic to follow shortly!

As promised.

To be honest, I'm a little bit excited about that PBY...🥰

51282360964_2376774ee4_b.jpgRevell B-24 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

51281806968_2d223b7278_b.jpgRevell F-111 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

51282360784_bffb623e3b_b.jpgRevell Cousteau PBY by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Cheers,

Dermot

• Like 10

I believe I still have one I-16 and a P-39 from the Revell Classic series (1969 or so) around. 

y4mKtpxm4gLglrY9lK_y4xwoKyqCRWvfAizXIay2

Time to find out if I can mask this little blighter in SCW colours :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...