Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

47 minutes ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

Hi guys,

i think i would be interested in joining with an Revell 1/72 Ju-88 Nightfighter (1970s boxing, so should count as a 'classic')  , but i dont quite know how all these Group Builds work? Although i want to join in on the fun, i dont want to potentially exclude a more competent modeler out of the running if you keep your Group Builds to under 30 participants

All are welcome Kushan 30 is just the number needed to propose a GB we should run well over that once word gets around,now I seem to

remember the JU-88 had one of the best box top pictures of the era until like Airfix they started putting actual models on the front,I'll ad you

to the list.

4 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

i dont want to potentially exclude a more competent modeler out of the running if you keep your Group Builds to under 30 participants

Now listen here Kushan, the first thing you need to do is remove any negative thoughts about your own modelling abilities and just join in on all the fun. You will find modellers of all skill levels that happily participate in these Group Builds and it’s all the encouragement and well wishes that usually get you through to the finishing stage. Most of these Classic GB’s have so many entries that we don’t end it all with a competitive poll to declare one winner. The way we look at it, any Classic kit that’s finished and entered into the gallery is a winner so it all ends in smiles. Each kit that we produce should hopefully be better than the last so please join in and enjoy what these great GB’s are all about. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

Hi guys,

i think i would be interested in joining with an Revell 1/72 Ju-88 Nightfighter (1970s boxing, so should count as a 'classic')  , but i dont quite know how all these Group Builds work? Although i want to join in on the fun, i dont want to potentially exclude a more competent modeler out of the running if you keep your Group Builds to under 30 participants

Any and all are allowed in. As others have noted the 30 is the minimum needed to move a build forward. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the way of a sort of banner advert for the proposed GB, here's a couple of Revell classics to get you in the mood...

IMG-1641.jpg

IMG-1809.jpg

IMG-0080.jpg

IMG-2648.jpg

The company did so many different subjects, not only that, there's a ton of material out there to suit every budget!

Tony.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, TonyW said:

IMG-0080.jpg

The company did so many different subjects, not only that, there's a ton of material out there to suit every budget!

Tony.

Some beauties there Tony - my vote is with the Catalina.. 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jinxman said:

my vote is with the Catalina

Do you know which is the better kit, Revell or the old Airfix? (apologies for putting this in the Revell-o-gram GB! :unsure:)

Cheers,

Edited by Johnson
Diplomacy

21 hours ago, Johnson said:

Do you know which is the better kit, Revell or the old Airfix? (apologies for putting this in the Revell-o-gram GB! :unsure:)

https://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/us/jorgensenpbypreview.htm

One mans view Charlie,the comparison can be found at the end of the review.Nice to see the big 1/32 Harrier re-released this week

new box and new decals,now what can my Christmas treat be this year?...................................

Edited by stevej60
  • Thanks 1

Did we finalise a cut off year for this GB, looking through the stash so desperately trying to build what i have rather than add to the stash !

Just to clarify, is a rebox of an earlier kit admissible  ? 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Did we finalise a cut off year for this GB, looking through the stash so desperately trying to build what i have rather than add to the stash !

Just to clarify, is a rebox of an earlier kit admissible  ? 

Cheers Pat 

I think we were around the 1988/9 period Pat to take in those Monogram century series releases,after a stunning post in RFI over

the weekend an F-15A in air superiority blue has topped my to do list but not sure if I can hold out till the GB!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

One mans view Charlie,the comparison can be found at the end of the review.

Thanks Steve. The Airfix kit I'd seen was a second hand first boxing, red stripe. An old classic covered in rivets but I ordered it anyway as a collectable. Maybe it will get built in some future Airfix Classic GB. I see however that Academy are releasing a new PBY-5A Catalina.

Anyway, enough - apologies for the thread hijack!

Cheers,

• 3 months later...

I notice this one's gone a bit quiet, I also noticed there's no Classic GB in next year's list yet...

...not being pushy...

...just sayin' right?

• Like 2

With a cutoff of 88/89, I'm sure I've got something squirreled away.  A B-58 Hustler (1985 Monogram), Casey Luna Sprint Car (1988 Monogram), Bob Glidden's Pro Stock T-bird (1988 Revell), or an IMSA Mustang (1982 Monogram) are viable options.  Color me interested.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Did this really stop running at 29 participants?! That´s like crashing on take-off on your 25th mission :weep:. So we don´t have any classic GB:s for 2021 in the bunfight?

I know the forum username of a guy Who Has The Power - What Would He Do :wicked:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I thought classic Kit GB’s get an automatic entry, is this not the case? :sad:

I hope so,  I took a very quick look at that and just didn´t find a mention in the Chat or Future GB:s. Enzo will sort this out, I´m sure 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought that was what I remember being discussed.  Classics were kinda like STGBs in that they don't go through the bunfight.  Now as to how the next Classic in que is detirmined...that I couldn't help with.  I don't recall if it took 25 or 30 to get it in the que, or if it was a command decision from upper management made from potential ideas.

I know there was a Classic Italian (ESCI, Italeri, etc) that is kicking around too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...