Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

If that’s the case I propose we change the title heading to something like Revell-o-Gram, which I know is rather corny, however they’d be plenty of modellers out there who may not be aware of this. Just a  thought? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Sounds like we have it.Classic Revell-o-gram GB,as promised I'll have a list up tonight.not being involved in hosting before what are steps

for proposing? (the GB not marriage couldn't go through all that again!)

• Haha 1

List up in first post and title changed folks, not a bad start.I haven't got a single kit in the small stash so the

worlds my oyster on this one but initial thoughts are Revell's big 1/32 Beaufighter but an original or early

boxing rather than the recent re-release.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Sounds like we have it.Classic Revell-o-gram GB,as promised I'll have a list up tonight.not being involved in hosting before what are steps

for proposing? (the GB 

You've done it by starting this thread. Once we have 30 signups, we talk to Enzo. Then we get to be a part of the next available bunfight. Or we may get an automatic slot like some others? Probably next year for the bunfight, as this seems to be a somewhat popular theme these classic groupbuilds. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You've done it by starting this thread. Once we have 30 signups, we talk to Enzo. Then we get to be a part of the next available bunfight. Or we may get an automatic slot like some others? Probably next year for the bunfight, as this seems to be a somewhat popular theme these classic groupbuilds. 

Once you've got enough numbers, as a classic groupbuild it would likely get a bye into the group build list.  The Heller GB is next year's Classic GB so I guess this would be 2021's Classic GB?

It would really be helpful if Steve had done a numbered list, sooo much easier to keep track of the numbers, just sayin' right :whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wez said:

It would really be helpful if Steve had done a numbered list, sooo much easier to keep track of the numbers, just sayin' right :whistle:

I make 20 right now, so 2/3rds the way there. I think we can manage to find 10 more people interested in this. 

• Thanks 1

I know what I'll build in this one. One of the greatest Monogram-heritage kits from 30+ years and still produced by Revell, with an iconic (but aftermarket) decal scheme straight from an originally Revell boxart, one that hooked little- V-P right on that number 3 arresting wire, more than 40 years ago. :hmmm:. Take a guess?

Great job Steve

I would have a look at the participants of the last few Classic GB's and let them know that this one is in the pipeline, if the Frog / Matchbox & Airfix GBs are anything to go by this ones going to be amazing !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

... if the Frog / Matchbox & Airfix GBs are anything to go by this ones going to be amazing !

Cheers Pat 

Actually I think Pat’s onto something here.. this combined GB could even possibly overtake the lofty heights of the Frog GB! .. you may have your hands full with this one Steve! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

I'll join! 

Likely candidates from the previous millennium include 1/48 F9F-5P, various AT-6 boxings, C-47, F-105D, TBF, 1/110 Mercury Capsule & Atlas Booster, and 1/72 PT-109 (for which I have some cool shark mouth markings).

Edited by dnl42
  • Like 3

Does anyone else share my suspicion that this is sounding like more of a Monogram GB rather than a Revell one? Also, did we decide on a cutoff year for these kits as both manufacturers were still tooling new moulds past the turn of this current century (I think?) 

Cheers.. Dave (eyeing off a possible Monogram Devastaor build?) 

On 8/28/2019 at 3:41 PM, Richard Humm said:

I've got a load of old Revell and Monogram kits, so I could get involved. My suggestion for a cut-off point is when the two companies merged in 1986, which still lets the Monogram 1/48 scale Century Series jets in.

Try this @Rabbit Leader the above post was steves response to this post. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I am sure I can find an old Revell kit in the stash to bring balance to the force build.

Added to the list Ray,four to go folk's!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

i think i would be interested in joining with an Revell 1/72 Ju-88 Nightfighter (1970s boxing, so should count as a 'classic')  , but i dont quite know how all these Group Builds work? Although i want to join in on the fun, i dont want to potentially exclude a more competent modeler out of the running if you keep your Group Builds to under 30 participants

• Like 1