Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

4 hours ago, Arniec said:

I might be interested as well in this GB. with what? I will have a look when it starts.

Cheers,

Great news Arnold,might have to start a list soon.

Count me in as well, Steve, I've got a few old Revell kits tucked away which hopefully I'll do a better job on second time around. Great suggestion - all the best. Mike.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Count me in as well, Steve, I've got a few old Revell kits tucked away which hopefully I'll do a better job on second time around. Great suggestion - all the best. Mike.

Excellent Mike.

55 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Do you need to even ask me? Consider my hat in the ring!

Great stuff John.

3 hours ago, zebra said:

Count me in. No idea what I'd build, but I'll think about that nearer the time! Perhaps something from the classic Monogram line-up - maybe an F-102

Great stuff Z,another one for the list.

• 1 month later...

I'd be interested Steve. I have several Revell spacecraft (1/24 Gemini, 1/48 & 1/32 Apollo) taking up lots of room in my stash. The Gemini (1966) would be good.

Revell Gemini

Cheers,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnson said:

be interested Steve. I have several Revell spacecraft (1/24 Gemini, 1/48 & 1/32 Apollo) taking up lots of room in my stash. The Gemini (1966) would be good.

Great Charlie,I better get started on a list and look at numbers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Humm said:

I've got a load of old Revell and Monogram kits, so I could get involved. My suggestion for a cut-off point is when the two companies merged in 1986, which still lets the Monogram 1/48 scale Century Series jets in.

Sounds like a good cut off date Richard.

Ah, yes - sorry Steve.

The number on the side of the 1/24 Gemini box is H-1835. However, the kit ( bought on eBay about 10 years ago) came without instructions, so I downloaded them from the internet and the instructions say 'KIT 1836'. Revell must have re-issued and re-numbered at some point.

I think H-1835 is safe for this kit. I have a Revell 'Gemini Program' educational pamphlet that came with the original kit I bought in about 1966 which is numbered H-1835.

Probably far more infomation than you need or wanted!

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in, whatever final format it takes.

Revell and Monogram both push all the right buttons for me. Having said that,I like the idea of it being an American manufacturer GB. The possibilities are endless at that point.

My contribution will be mainly car based for a change. Hot Rods and Muscle Cars make me go a bit wobbly at the knee's!

Tony.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Can someone please help me understand why I’m already looking at Classic Heller kits?? Please don’t make me look at Revell’s back catalogue as well?

A member list would be ideal Steve, the later you leave it, the more work you’ll have to do to keep track. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Oy @stevej60isnt it about time you started a list of whos in this GB of yours..... just saying 😉

Cheers Pat 

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Can someone please help me understand why I’m already looking at Classic Heller kits?? Please don’t make me look at Revell’s back catalogue as well?

A member list would be ideal Steve, the later you leave it, the more work you’ll have to do to keep track. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave and Pat,yes a list shall be made,I'm off to the Arctic circle(Scottish Border) for a week tomorrow so will attend to it as soon as

I return!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Will build the Jug as a 12th AF Plane and the Mustang will become an F-6B

Very nice,I'm off tomorrow so I'll get the list done, promise!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I do believe that Monograms of a certain vintage are included. 

If that’s the case I propose we change the title heading to something like Revell-o-Gram, which I know is rather corny, however they’d be plenty of modellers out there who may not be aware of this. Just a  thought? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I propose we change the title heading to something like Revell-o-Gram, which I know is rather corny, however they’d be plenty of modellers out there who may not be aware of this.

I agree but I'm just a co-host so its up to Steve ? 

• Like 1