Classic Revell-o-gram GB Chat

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

If I were to acquire a B36 I’d probably a) need to move to a bigger house and b) not to be able to afford the resultant divorce/GBH case :) 

That can't be right - wasn't the B-36 called The Peacemaker?!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

That can't be right - wasn't the B-36 called The Peacemaker?!

Yup, in the same vein as the foreign policy maxim, ( and I may be paraphrasing here)  ‘speak softly, but carry a big stick’ 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Yup, in the same vein as the foreign policy maxim, ( and I may be paraphrasing here)  ‘speak softly, but carry a big stick’ 

And one of Nixon or Kissneger not being sold on 'hearts and minds' policy in Vietnam declaring that, ' when you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow'!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

And one of Nixon or Kissneger not being sold on 'hearts and minds' policy in Vietnam declaring that, ' when you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow'!

Well I can see why your other half fell head over heels for you with your small talk !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I wished That I had kept my monogram B-36. I would have donated it to anyone wanting to play with "Big" plastic.  Although I do have a "smallish" 1/72 B-52 that I do need to be shed of.

• Like 3

Just now, LorenSharp said:

I wished That I had kept my monogram B-36. I would have donated it to anyone wanting to play with "Big" plastic.  Although I do have a "smallish" 1/72 B-52 that I do need to be shed of.

Sure now I know this… Ive been looking for the 1/48 B-58 kit for ages. 😉 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

I think that's a typo Loren you meant to say. "need a shed for" :wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Welllll. Actually I need a bigger place. I can't do the projects that' really want to finish.  Such is life.:wall:My little work room/ display area is almost at maximum fill. At 8x12 the ceiling acreage is dominated by what else, a B-36. I know how big and unwieldly big plastic can be. Don't have a loft to store anything in. Just a small storage crawlspace that nearly ruined several kits from the heat.

• Like 2

Here's a couple of Vietnam era Monogram releases. the Spooky Gunship and Skyraider ground attack plane.

IMG-3812.jpg

Monogram took a bit of heat over both. Depicting the planes wasting what look very much like Vietnamese villages didn't go down too well at all. Napalm especially was getting bad press at the time and showing a village aflame while more of the horrible stuff was being dropped wasn't a particularly good idea.

The weird script at bottom left on the Spooky box was removed for latter issues but the burning village remained. At one point you could get a pre painted version of the kit, with an airbrushed SEAC finish. An F105 was also available like that as well. That didn't last too long and the kits are rare these days.

Here's a few dealer promo items showing the painted versions of each.

IMG-7274.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Hi folk's,ashamed to say as one of the hosts and proposer of the GB I'm the first to pull a build.had a closer look at the Cutty sark tonight and found it had

been started and a lot of small deck parts were broken and missing,also the tie of points for the rigging had been(badly) applied and to the  hull sides

which should be the stage after the hull is joined and the deck added,at only £5:99 not a great loss but I'm determined to add a ship to my GB builds so

on the lookout for a replacement.

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Ghostbase said:

Aurora kits are also included?

I snagged this beast in a Canadian aviation museum a few years ago, was in their second-hand donated kits section. Just wow!

28221799497_19b7013ce9_o.jpgAurora XB-70 Valkyrie by Ghostbase, on Flickr

Yes Aurora are included. 

Can I ask about the Revell/Monogram ProModeler kits? The base kits were almost all pre-1989 but the additional parts and new decals may have been added after 1989. Can we allow these?

TIA

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Can I ask about the Revell/Monogram ProModeler kits? The base kits were almost all pre-1989 but the additional parts and new decals may have been added after 1989. Can we allow these?

TIA

John

Anything originally molded prior to 1989 and re-boxed or re-issued later is good to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've ordered a kit for this GB because I feel someone has to build it as it is a Revell classic, even if it is for the wrong reasons. I won't say what it is but here are a couple of clues;

1 It's 1/72 scale

2 It has some proportional issues

It should arrive early next week. 🙂 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TimJ said:

I've ordered a kit for this GB because I feel someone has to build it as it is a Revell classic, even if it is for the wrong reasons. I won't say what it is but here are a couple of clues;

1 It's 1/72 scale

2 It has some proportional issues

It should arrive early next week. 🙂 

P-51 Revells Banana fighter ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

I think this GB can also provide the kick-UTA needed to finish this Monogram stock car that stalled last year. If I give myself a permission to start the B-17 only after this one's done, well, that should do it!

IMG_20210528_203242

The chassis is in my opinion done, I only need to assemble and paint the body and add the decals. V-P

• Like 4

I beg your pardon, but being something of a newbie on this forum, I would like to ask how long these Group Builds last?  In other sites, they can last from 3 months to a year.

I have several Monogram kits, but would like to determine the time frame for building.  NOTE:  This is not specified in the GB FAQ thread.

Thank you.

Gary

1 hour ago, GAF said:

I beg your pardon, but being something of a newbie on this forum, I would like to ask how long these Group Builds last?  In other sites, they can last from 3 months to a year.

I have several Monogram kits, but would like to determine the time frame for building.  NOTE:  This is not specified in the GB FAQ thread.

Thank you.

Gary

1 hour ago, Richard Humm said:

The Classic group builds tend to go for about five months. The official end date for this one is 13 November 2022.

So to quote our illustrious GB Leader, @Enzo Matrix plenty of time to........

"Build Them All !" :thumbsup:

• Haha 4