This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

TonyW

FROG BOAC Comet 4 F356 1958

Beautiful aeroplane and your rendition is reflecting its graceful lines.

keep up the good work, its going to turn out wonderfully  . . . .

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

It's coming along really nicely Tony.  The sun-bleaching of the decals seems to have worked well too - I thought the 'BOAC' against the white of the fuselage would have been a problem.

Keep up the good work!

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. There's a slight shadow around the BOAC letters but I've trimmed the transfer as close as I could around the outside edge. It seems to have taken away the worst of the yellowing.

No real progress as such, the wings got a bit of a polishing with S'n J polishing powder and they look very Travel Agents Window now.

I couldn't resist dry fitting the wings and propping the plane together for a couple of moral booster shots. I quite like the one on the hardstanding. Does anyone know of any 1.96/ 1/00 or so scale airport equipment I could use here?

IMG-9255.jpg

IMG-9257.jpg

... there should be more to report over the weekend.

Tony.

Edited by TonyW

Wow! That S n J Powder looks to be amazing stuff. Is that product still available anymore?

Lovely work Tony.. this Comet is looking every inch a winner! 

Cheers.. Dave 

30 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Wow! That S n J Powder looks to be amazing stuff. Is that product still available anymore?

Lovely work Tony.. this Comet is looking every inch a winner! 

Cheers.. Dave 

It's been unavailable for quite some time now Dave. I'm down to my last little bit, just enough to finish this plane in fact.

I've tried some of the other powders out there but they are either too coarse a grit and won't polish into plastic or they are too dark to look like convincing polished ally.

Thanks for the info Tony. I recall seeing this stuff advertised in old modelling magazines, however didn’t know how good it was until this thread came along. Shame it’s no longer something readily available as it looks great! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Blimey! That looks amazing Tony. 

17 hours ago, TonyW said:

they look very Travel Agents Window

I'll book a flight!

3 hours ago, Johnson said:

Blimey! That looks amazing Tony. 

I'll book a flight!

Me too.. non smoking section please....

Very near to completion now. Undercarriage is painted and fitted. Wing tanks need another rub down and another coat of gloss white, followed by the BOAC transfers. Starboard side fuselage transfers are now on and the doors outlined in black. I debated about not doing this but seeing as the model is more Travel Agent Window than competition entry I though it suited the build. 

I need to dig out my built FROG Airliners to see if I can borrow one of their stands or even possibly take a mould from one, this kit was missing the stand.

IMG-9303.jpg

IMG-9306.jpg

Drop dead Gorgeous!! That is simply stunning and right up there with the very best that this GB has offered Tony. To say that I am impressed is a huge understatement. 

Cheers... Dave (who is now picking up his jaw from the floor!). 

6 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

You are making me want to do mine now.

There's still time to get one done before the close of play, there's not a lot of parts involved and everything pretty much builds itself! There's even three other Serial Numbers on the transfer sheet, so no duplication.

Go on, you know you want too...

Tony.

1 minute ago, TonyW said:

There's still time to get one done before the close of play, there's not a lot of parts involved and everything pretty much builds itself! There's even three other Serial Numbers on the transfer sheet, so no duplication.

Go on, you know you want too...

Tony.

Yes, but it sits beside my Caravelle, and I'll have to do that at the same time........