3D Printing!

Madmonk

I recently bought an Anycubic 3D Resin printer and have been playing around with it to see what it can do.

So far had a few hits and misses while getting used to setting it up and learning how to orientate the files to get better results.

While looking round for things to print to see just how good the prints were I came across a set of files on Thingiverse for a 1:20 McLaren M7A, as one of the files was the rear chassis and engine block including all the exhausts, wiring and fuel lines I thought I would have a go and see how it coped with it. 

I have to say I'm very impressed, though I have no idea how you would go about painting it!!

Any how, here are some pics of the print, still needs a bit of clean up to remove the support points.

9QWNhF1.jpg

r3XztDc.jpg

a0wkZVR.jpg

SfSVMhJ.jpg

For those interested, its printed in Anycubic Aqua Blue resin, layer thickness is 0.05mm and the print took about 5 hours.

Cheers,

• Like 7

That looks good!

I have been looking around for some models (like MGF and Herald 13/60). They are not easy to find fitting my requirements. A printer like that might help in getting some parts... And many parts might become a model. Those printers might bring a new world.

8-)

• Like 1

Major_Error, the problem is you end up spending valuable modelling time trawling the internet for things you might want to print!  Thankfully once printing you can leave it alone and get on with other stuff😂😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...