# Not a TOPGUN GWH Mig-29 ...but a regular one # FINISHED #

Dansk

On 23.09.2019 at 00:07, Dansk said:

48777184228_1772040a54_b.jpg

Can you enlighten me on some numbers that i can put there that will be period and area correct?
(As i have infinite options with my AM stencil sheet - for here and  areas.)

As I understand, typicall was (if was!) little white number on fin grey dielectric panel. But of course the best evidence is not my reasoning but a photo of the plane.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow craig that MiG-25 build is really fantastic and I love the canopy blast sheild.

The subtle decal sanding worked great too, now i want to build a MiG 25 or 31

Well on the 29, The white numerals are on the tail now serge.

48790052321_9827e3db8a_h.jpg

I’m maybe (at best) half way through decalling (excluding ordnance) 
Jeez - this takes forever, first modern jet i’ve done and they have a lot of stencils.
But i think they really have a great effect giving it scale and detail.

48790052276_aeff66676a_h.jpg

I think once finished with them, then i’ll bed the small ones in further with microsol and fade them with soft semi transparent coats of light gray that will sun-fade the paint panels too with a little delicate sand here and there too ala craigs build well thats the plan, just a bunch more hours on stencil decalling first.

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Dansk said:

Wow craig that MiG-25 build is really fantastic and I love the canopy blast sheild.

The subtle decal sanding worked great too, now i want to build a MiG 25 or 31

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:worthy:Super impressive Craig ! Love the work done on this. Normally I'm not a fan of the Mig-25/31’s but yours is excellent. 

Paul and Dennis you are both way too kind. I can heartily recommend the ICM Mig-25 family, for a large model (and it is large!) it went together without any fuss at all and I will be building another in the future.

When you sand the decals Paul take your time and slowly build the effect that you are looking for, because you can't put it back on if you go to far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evenin’ all.
Since the last update, all 8 million stencil decals have now been applied.
I’ve been post shading highlights in centres of panels and fading decals, i’ve tried enamel panel line washes for the first time And I’ve been clumsily knocking off every extremity that could be knocked off. 🤪
Ordnance is well on its way now too though.
So It’s starting to get somewhere now

48828680717_92eb20b4cf_k.jpg

48828145738_5d3e568386_k.jpg

48828521346_7a640a3132_k.jpg

48828521286_59711eee0a_h.jpg

48828521366_fdff76c5ef_b.jpg

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 5

On 10/1/2019 at 10:20 PM, modelling minion said:

I think she looks great Paul, those decals must have taken ages to apply.

Don't worry about not sanding the decals, it is a very scary thing to attempt so I would suggest that you try it on a spare decal so that you get the hang of it for future builds.

Thanks craig ;)

OK
I’m rapidly approaching the finishing line with the MiG 29.💪

I got a lot of energy when unmasking the canopy and engine nozzles, its been ages since i saw them i think they both look pretty ok now they are surrounded by a painted fuselage 👍 a nice surprise.

and the hairline canopy crack i cant find even when searching for it so all is good!

48855762002_5c222c4f37_o.jpg

i’ve been rather too cavalier with the use of solder and copper wire detailing up the legs on the landing gear - its rather o.t.t. from my references, but it’ll do. (Serge wont be happy though) 🙃

48855206303_1293dedabd_b.jpg

The lower gear legs and wheels have been adorned with sandy - dusty - powdery weathering and the gear doors have all been washed and installed.

48855206178_fb3bf1ec13_b.jpg

48855762047_e9413a58f3_b.jpg

I like the glass lens parts with a touch of chrome marker behind them, they look quite authentic in the flesh.☺️

48855761942_602de2eb0d_b.jpg

48855761692_c0b75c9217_b.jpg

Really happy with how its all coming together now I’m really quite excited about it again. 🤗

So! Onwards with installing the wheels, 

decalling and installing the weaponry, 

adding the elevators,

and adding and replacing the detail protrusions that got knocked off by yours truly or werent added in the first place

Thanks for tuning in! Nearly there. 

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 4

Wow Paul, your Fulcrum really is looking very good indeed.

Taking the masking off a canopy always bring a model to life in my eyes and the fact that the crack is no longer visible just have to be a bonus. The engines really do look good, especially next to the weathered pain work.

The lenses look very realistic indeed, I will have to have a look at that method myself.

And although you may have more cables on the undercarriage than perhaps should be there they certainly do look effective and very convincing.

All looking very healthy for a finish date within the GB!

• Like 1