1/48 OA-37B Osan AB South Korea

Ernie

This is one I have been looking forward to for a while...….

48170957677_574b0c5b76_b.jpg

48170955202_80e21b29a7_b.jpg

The old Monogram kit updated with Aires cockpit and wheels. Super Scale / Micro Scale decals for an OA-37 based at Osan AB South Korea 1984.

• Like 7

An excellent choice Ernie.

I really like the A-37 family, a much overlooked aircraft in my book and very capable.

The Monogram kit might be an older mold but it captures the lines of the aircraft perfectly and the resin extras you are adding mean that this will be a superb model. Are you planning on re-scribing it or building it as it is?

7 hours ago, whiskey said:

I've been looking for those decals for ages haha!

Yeah, it took me quite a while to find them as well!

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

An excellent choice Ernie.

I really like the A-37 family, a much overlooked aircraft in my book and very capable.

The Monogram kit might be an older mold but it captures the lines of the aircraft perfectly and the resin extras you are adding mean that this will be a superb model. Are you planning on re-scribing it or building it as it is?

Thank you MM, it is definitely one that I need to build a model of. I probably will not re-scribe this one; the overall Gunship Grey paint scheme should be able to be manipulated fairly easily with pre / post shading etc. to make it look interesting enough with out the added work of engraving panel lines. At the end of the day, if it looks good, great, I will snap a few photos to share, put it on a shelf and move on to the next build😋

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very nice choice i did one of these a couple of years ago. 

Thank you Dennis, I am looking forward to building this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just started the Encore kit and noticed that Revell monogram is embossed on the lower wing centre section. Same kit then!  The resin and pe looks good so let's see how it goes together. 

Colin 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...