Tamiya Ducati Panigale S 1/12 Senna Livery

2 hours ago, Ian T said:

What a good looking bike and well presented, great work.

Thanks, the kit is awesome and fun. I liked Tamiya bikes a lot and I am actually working on a Suzuki XR89 (Kenny Roberts) and Honda RC211V 2003 (Rossi or Hayden, still havent decided). 

The good things about bikes is the fact that almost all details you do are visibile

4 minutes ago, fet_thunderdome said:

Thanks, the kit is awesome and fun. I liked Tamiya bikes a lot and I am actually working on a Suzuki XR89 (Kenny Roberts) and Honda RC211V 2003 (Rossi or Hayden, still havent decided). 

The good things about bikes is the fact that almost all details you do are visibile

Yes, I agree about the quality of the Tamiya bike kits, I’ve done two Ducati’s so far but have strayed a bit into other fields like an old Bandai traction engine, but I will return!! My choice for the Honda would be Rossi, but Hayden deserves some homage as well. I can’t remember who or what bike, but a while back somebody posted pictures of a Tamiya bike with one half of the fairings in place and the other half off the bike to make more of the ”gubbins” visible.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wonky Donkey said:

That may have been me, Ian (link above? ) though I've seen plenty others do it too. 

Great build, @fet_thunderdome. Looks great next to the F1 tractor... (😂). Not come across Blue Stuff decals before. Will have to look them up.

W-D 

thanks and nice work on the kawa.

The F1 tractor shares the same driver name and the same scale!

3 minutes ago, fet_thunderdome said:

The F1 tractor shares the same driver name and the same scale!

Yeah, I was never convinced of the merits of the Senna tribute versions, except for the 916s they did around the time of his death. Still, they look pretty and for Ducatis, that's important ☺ 

W-D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wonky Donkey said:

That may have been me, Ian (link above? ) though I've seen plenty others do it too. 

Great build, @fet_thunderdome. Looks great next to the F1 tractor... (😂). Not come across Blue Stuff decals before. Will have to look them up.

W-D 

That’s the one I was thinking of, it looks better at the second viewing, great stuff. Sorry @fet_thunderdome for highjacking your thread, I’ll stick to comments about your Duke from now on 😎