1/144 Revell Airbus A320 Vueling Gracias

This model was finished in April this year. It is the old Revell kit, which is not as detailed as the newer Zvezda kit. The main Problem is the flight deck front Shield, but by filling and sanding and using a decal it Looks ok.

Vueling is a Spanish low-cost carrier and in 2012 they had flown 50 Million passengers and marked this Aircraft with a big !Gracias! on one side and on the other side with "Thanks".

The Decals are made by Nazca. The Right side is done very well, but surprisingly there were a lot of mistakes on the left side. So I had to improvise at some Areas with some cutting. You will only notice it by directly comparing to original Fotos.

I found an interesting Foto showing how much dirt and oil had accumulated on the Bottom and tried to Imitate that. I also painted the back half of the engines somewhat darker to Imitate the traces of the thrust reverser.

The Winglets provided by Revell are too small. So i made them from Scratch using Daco`s photo etched parts as atemplate. Zvezda`s  also have the correct size

So, please feel free to comment on the model and also on the Things I missed or done wrong.

cheers,

Norbert

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 29

Hi Norbert  

Thanks for sharing your excellent model. :goodjob:

I tried to use these decals a few years ago but they gave me so many problems I eventually abandoned the project and finished the model in an entirely different livery so congratulations from me for making such a good job of them.

Bad weathering on an airliner looks awful but yours is spot on. The open vent beside the right rear door is another nice touch.

Well done and I look forward to seeing your next airliner.

Dave G

Hi Norbert,

This is a beautiful A320, nice weathering and an attractive livery.

Respect to you for attempting this decal, I tend to steer clear of any liveries which wrap around the fuselage like this one, but you've certainly succeeded.

The only improvement I can see would be the use of AA cockpit and cabin windows.

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming!

Cheers,

Ian

2 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Hi Norbert  

Thanks for sharing your excellent model. :goodjob:

I tried to use these decals a few years ago but they gave me so many problems I eventually abandoned the project and finished the model in an entirely different livery so congratulations from me for making such a good job of them.

Bad weathering on an airliner looks awful but yours is spot on. The open vent beside the right rear door is another nice touch.

Well done and I look forward to seeing your next airliner.

Dave G

Thank you to you all for the nice comments! 

You even noticed the open vent! It is done so easily.

Yeah, the decals can be challenging, but I love this Kind óf markings, also on Military jets. 

Turbofan, You are Right, the window decals from Gerd Lehmann are definitely the best!

cheers 

Norbert

Wow Norbert...the only "criticism" I would make is that you should have more confidence in your abilities to make something from scratch and tackle the tough projects...like making winglets and using difficult decals that none of us would even come close to touching. You've done a fine job here...I especially like the weathering you've done...she looks like a very well loved airliner...dirty, useful, and dependable. We could all use a lesson on weathering from you. Perhaps a WIP next time, that would include your techniques for weathering??!!? Since you're detailing well, might I suggest using the Authentic Airliners windows? I think you have a fine build here; using the life like windows would push the model into being, well...more life like. Very nice work indeed! I don't see anything "wrong," as you say...it all looks very right!