Trumpeter 1/48 Chengdu F-7MB Bangladesh 1989 Finished!

Hi Craig. That is an exceptionally fine result! Beautifully built and finished! And I'm really pleased there were no long term effects from it's first flight!! Mrs PlaStix also tends to be better than me at finding the parts that fall off the modelling table! A lot of kits would not have been completed if it wasn't for Mrs P's eyesight and patience!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spruecutter said:

Very nice work, Craig. I do like the colour scheme - the green and red of the Bangladeshi roundels look great against the two shades of grey. 

Thanks Richard, they do make a nice contrast don't they.

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. That is an exceptionally fine result! Beautifully built and finished! And I'm really pleased there were no long term effects from it's first flight!! Mrs PlaStix also tends to be better than me at finding the parts that fall off the modelling table! A lot of kits would not have been completed if it wasn't for Mrs P's eyesight and patience!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, much appreciated. Yes Mrs. Minion has found no end of bits which have "pinged" out of my tweezers or otherwise shot off on their own accord, where would we be without them!

I think I'll build my next "project" in a padded cell (I'm already working in a dungeon), that way when things go flying (as they do all too often) they should just bounce back onto the table.  

I've already lost a couple off my Kittyhawk! :wall:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I think I'll build my next "project" in a padded cell (I'm already working in a dungeon), that way when things go flying (as they do all too often) they should just bounce back onto the table.  

I've already lost a couple off my Kittyhawk! :wall:

Tell me about it, I think some kind of "clean room" would be a good idea, trouble is what colour would we have it as our plastic comes in lots of colours?

That's a great build of a quirky subject. I like the orange missiles. 

I have to say, the ground crew on the real thing must have lost interest by the time they got to painting the words Bangladesh Air Force - really looks like they just phoned it in with those stencils! 

You did a great job of this plane, well done!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

That's a great build of a quirky subject. I like the orange missiles. 

I have to say, the ground crew on the real thing must have lost interest by the time they got to painting the words Bangladesh Air Force - really looks like they just phoned it in with those stencils! 

You did a great job of this plane, well done!

Many thanks indeed.

I don't think I've seen the full title of the air arm painted on any other single seat combat aircraft in the way the Bangladeshi's do and like you say its no wonder they couldn't be bothered to do any stencils afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...