Scale Aviation Modeller July issue

dwh

Have been trying to get latest issue July from newsagents, but they all say not had delivery from distributor, is this just local to me in eastbourne, have subscribers had their issues.

Mine arrived in the post last week. I would suggest a phone call to the Guideline office 01582 668411 and asking. They would probably post one to you if you are unable to get locally.

Hope this helps

P

3 hours ago, PDH said:

Mine arrived in the post last week. I would suggest a phone call to the Guideline office 01582 668411 and asking. They would probably post one to you if you are unable to get locally.

Hope this helps

P

Scale Aviation Modeller is published by SAM publications. 

https://www.sampublications.com/

Scale Aircraft Modelling is published by Guideline Publications. 

https://www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.php?START=1&RNZ=363530

My reserved copy was at my newsagent on the 21st. June so if whoever distributes magazines to newsagents at your end of the country is anything like John Menzies Distribution up here chances are that if it has not turned up yet then it will not be coming.

Previous experiences - magazine is running late so newsagent contacts distributor and is told that the magazine does not exist / the magazines were sent out to the shop as usual / the newsagent does not have that particular magazine on his order even although everything is now computerised and my newsagent can get into the system to prove that any or all of the excuses are false.     Next is the offer by the distributor that they will get a copy out ASAP which works when someone goes searching in the warehouse and discovers that all of that particular issue are still there otherwise it is a case of waiting until the end of the month until the distributor gets some returns from other shops but if they never sent any of them out because the problem is further back down the supply chain then there is no chance of it ever appearing.     

The distributor approaching the publisher to investigate and resolve any problems to get copies out to the newsagent and eventually the customer does not seem to be a consideration and according to my local newsagent hardly a week goes past without at least one magazine title not turning up.

4 hours ago, Latinbear said:

Scale Aviation Modeller is published by SAM publications. 

https://www.sampublications.com/

Scale Aircraft Modelling is published by Guideline Publications. 

https://www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.php?START=1&RNZ=363530

Not sure what this post is supposed to be about.

However as far as I'm concerned Scale Aviation Modeller is know by the initials SAMI because its full title is Scale Aviation Modeller International

Scale Aircraft Modelling is known by the initials SAM

So say SAM its assumed you mean Scale Aircraft Modelling published by Guideline Publications.

Edited by PDH
Additional info

1 hour ago, PDH said:

Not sure what this post is supposed to be about.

However as far as I'm concerned Scale Aviation Modeller is know by the initials SAMI because its full title is Scale Aviation Modeller International

Scale Aircraft Modelling is known by the initials SAM

So say SAM its assumed you mean Scale Aircraft Modelling published by Guideline Publications.

In the politest possible way I would have thought it's pretty obvious. The title of the thread refers to "Scale Aviation Modeller" albeit without "International" on the end and which is not published by Guideline. Presumably if dwh was enquiring about Scale Aircraft Modelling he would have said so? 

While SAM may be Scale Aircraft Modelling in your world and Scale Aviation Modeller International is SAMI it is possible that not everybody follows your approach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Latinbear said:

While SAM may be Scale Aircraft Modelling in your world and Scale Aviation Modeller International is SAMI it is possible that not everybody follows your approach. 

I think the vast majority of modellers refer to them in this way, not just Latinbear.

Steve.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

..you mean 'just not' Latinbear as he doesn't ...confused ? I am ..and I'm a modeller..

Correct, in my defence, I was just coming to the end of a night shift. All bets are off then, :)

Steve.

42 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Correct, in my defence, I was just coming to the end of a night shift. All bets are off then, :)

Steve.

Been there, done that for 35 years. Retirement is the cat's backside!

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

. . . . . . . . . .  that bloody great big stash accumulation of modelling assets awaits. :D

Just cling to that hope for as long as you can , had more free time working twelve hour shifts and bringing up three small kids !!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Been there, done that for 35 years. Retirement is the cat's backside!

Chris

This is a bit off topic but I'm confused. If retirement is the cat's backside is that a good think or a bad thing? When I see our cats' backsides they don't look very appealing although that doesn't stop them from getting stuck in (so to speak) with their sandpaper tongues on cleaning duties. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Latinbear said:

This is a bit off topic but I'm confused. If retirement is the cat's backside is that a good think or a bad thing? When I see our cats' backsides they don't look very appealing although that doesn't stop them from getting stuck in (so to speak) with their sandpaper tongues on cleaning duties. 

It's a good thing. I couldn't use the proper term as it goes against forum rules.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dogsbody said:

It's a good thing. I couldn't use the proper term as it goes against forum rules.

Chris

Perfect, thanks. Glad you're enjoying your retirement!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, dwh said:

Have been trying to get latest issue July from newsagents, but they all say not had delivery from distributor, is this just local to me in eastbourne, have subscribers had their issues.

Have you been able to resolve this yet?

Got a book delivery from SAM Publications today and there was a complimentary issue of July's 'Scale Aviation Modeler' included , the one with artwork of a grey/white USAF F-4C on the cover and as I already got my copy from the newsagent you can have it if you want , pm me with a mailing address and I will pop it in the post. 

The July SAMI wasn't at my local newsagents (in east London) by last weekend, but I found it in a larger WH Smiths on Tuesday, and the local newsagent had got it by Wednesday, so it looks like it was just a few days late getting out.