Su-17M4 “Blue 42” Panjshir Valley 1989 - 26/10 update

6 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

or if that was just an excuse for not finishing yours! :D

ooh, low blow!

You know how to hurt don't you.

It's definitely a scheme and aircraft I want on my shelves and I haven't binned the kit but I just can't muster the will power to continue with the Revell kit.

• Haha 2

For those of weak disposition or with hearts please be seated as……..

………. there’s an update one this build!!! :tease:

Ok don’t get too excited, nothing huge, but as mentioned earlier with the closing up of the Hind I can spend a wee bit of time on other projects…this being one.

So only a smallish one for now as I only got to spend a small amount of time on her yesterday. I’ve fitted the remaining pylons to the fuselage. The Bagram Fitters had a real mix of loadouts and had either the 2 or 4 fuselage pylons fitted going by photos. With the altitude and weight restrictions they’d often only have single 100kg or maybe 250kg bombs fitted if these pylons were fitted.

IMG_3789-L.jpg

The elevators were fitted. Again looking at photos I was surprised just how big the gap was between them and the fuselage. There was no nice filler on the bottom either, the fuselage just wrapped around and they were just “stuck) to it.

IMG_3790-L.jpg

…and my own personnel nightmare…the crew ladder and work platform! This was the work of Beelzebub himself! It’ doesn’t go together very easily at all I found and even though it’s made for this model, when you open up the mounts for the ladder on the fuselage it doesn’t fit! 

IMG_3787-L.jpg

A wee bit of butchery was required to get it to this stage, but it now fit……sort of!

IMG_3788-L.jpg

I just need to finish the gun sight and I can fit the front canopy and smooth that in.

If things go well I may even be at a stage to start thinking about painting her by the end of the weekend.

Can I finish her by the 2nd??? There’s a slight possibility.

..oh and with the beast herself!

IMG_3791-L.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Great to see your Fitter back underway Rich, and looking good too.

That ladder looks like it would tax a watchmaker but it does look really nice now that it is finished.

you wouldn't believe the trouble it caused!

• Like 1