The magnificent 7 Wurgers

So why would anyone build 7 Fw190A-4’s at the same time, because you can !  This whole build fest all started when I built 2 of the 1/48 Eduard early A’s for a client.  There were a ton of decals left over so I picked two for myself and went to work.  I decided to build one from Tamiya and one from Hasegawa.  That really got me going on my whole Wurger craze.  From there I built 3 Tamiya D-9’s and most recently 2 of the Ta152C-1/R14, one Hobby Boss and one DML/Dragon.

I found the 1/48 Eduard Weekend Edition A-4 at a very reasonable price at Scale Hobbyist so the next step was to pick the 7 schemes based upon decals that I had and schemes from a couple of my books.  After coming up with two dozen, I finally narrowed it down to my picks.

There are multiple reviews on the outstanding Eduard 1/48 Wurgers, so I am going to show you what it is like to build multiples of the same kit.  After doing 2’s and 3’s I had to give 7 a try !!!  Here goes, clear prop !!!!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

So here are the 7 paint schemes that I picked.  Image number 2 is from the Eduard kit itself, the rest are Aeromaster, SuperScale, and other decal sheets will provide the markings.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngsheets.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Also completed the interiors.  Used the kit decals for the instrument panels and seat belts.

I used Vallejo RLM66 for the base color.  I then washed it with Future with some black Tamiya

acrylic mixed in.  Dry brushed it with white oil and a little silver PrismaColor pencil for contrast.

spacer.png