Hasegawa 1/48 Macchi C.202

This is the Eduard boxing of Hasegawa's excellent 48th scale Macchi C.202, which has photo-etch and resin parts and a colorful decal sheet, including the markings for the C.202 flown by Italian ace Ennio Tarantola that I chose for my model.  The Hasegawa kit doesn't need much aftermarket besides perhaps some cockpit detailing and resin wheels, although being a glutton for punishment I decided to use all the included photo-etch parts...except the few I lost or damaged during the build. 

Paints are Model Master enamels, dark tan for the topside and light sea gray for the bottom and interior.  Mike Grant's excellent 'smoke ring' decals were used.  I've had some issues using Future lately for my gloss clear coat so tried Alclad II aqua gloss clear, which is supposed to be similar to Future.  I was quite happy with it, and with a liberal coat had no problems with any of the decals silvering.  However, I resorted to using Future with Tamiya flat base for the flat clear coat.

Anyways, enough talk and on to the pictures, and as always thanks for looking and all comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

ZERp3cl.jpg

TRp4cNO.jpg

5E8yEce.jpg

k6MUp2K.jpg

fgnCLn9.jpg

6NYajlJ.jpg

bmcCyhQ.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 14