Nihon no fantomu or Japanese Phantom

28 minutes ago, Parabat said:

remember to take a break every now and then! 

Thanks for the compliments in both builds. Yeah i may skip tomorrow I've been decaling planes since friday. Consequence of doing multiple builds I'm guessing ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:01 AM, modelling minion said:

As has been suggested take it easy with the stencils, tackle them in bite sized chunks and that way it ls less demoralising.

I concur.  :frantic:

• Like 1

Hello everyone... Well i was able to knock out about 1/2 the stencils in a 4 hour session yesterday. Not bad work for my birthday. I know its hard to see but here are some shots of the work so far. 

W4VPo2V.jpg

iXrdRXs.jpg

8xvLkuA.jpg

UNbGP3c.jpg

Now being as the scheme is for a weapons meet/training exercise. I found a sister aircraft 87-8328 from the same squadron in a similar scheme. This was actually my 3rd option, and i did have a fourth option as well.  

qYBiHPw.jpg

Please note In the photo the AIM-9 sidewinders which are very likely training rounds. Quite colorful and i opted to use these for my Sidewinders on my build. 

2e8OQXu.jpg

Questions, comments, or thought ? 

Dennis

PS- In case you were curious this was my fourth option 07-8428 ? Painted with a Mig-21 silhouette on the upper, lower, and sides.  nABe4hc.png

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

And many happy returns for the other day, hope you had a great day.

11 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Very nice and happy 🎂

Thank you Craig and Werner. Any day i wake up looking down or forwards, and not up from a 6' deep hole is a good day. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone... Im very happy to report that i have just finished all of the stencils. About 130 in total, a pain but worth it in the end. I have decided while doing this that i will definitely be doing more Japanese phantoms and aircraft in general. I really love the paint-schemes they come up with for everyday use. I even like the show/anniversary schemes also, as they're quite interesting themselves.  LnkUAM7.jpg

UvEDh9b.jpg

kieUUAu.jpg

nFqw3GE.jpg

9PNVIoQ.jpg

Now its time to move on to the final build process. Hopefully i can call this one done in about a week or two. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 5

Very nice Dennis, very nice indeed.

It is a pain applying all the stencil decals but it has definitely been worth it as she looks great.

Great to hear that this has sparked your interest in Japanese aircraft, they have carried some fantastic schemes and are very interesting from a modelling point of view.

• Thanks 1

I did a full stencil set on a 1/72 F-4J of the Jolly Rogers.  When doing stencils, I always get halfway through and wonder why I abuse myself this way, but then at the finish line I realize because it looks so good!!  And speaking of good, your paint scheme and stencils look fantastic!  I can definitely understand why you want to do more Japanese F-4s after looking at some of their paint schemes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She looks great, you can be very proud. All that stencilling really paid off, the little ones on the hinomaru especially take it to another level.

Andy

Impressed.

• Thanks 1

you know if we wanted to have some fun we could aways tell you that one of them is upside down, you'd prob spend hours looking for it!!  :rofl2:

Nice work it's a great scheme, and she looks great. :thumbsup:

hmmm I have some of that blue tape as well, it's great stuff.

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

you'd prob spend hours looking for it!!  :rofl2:

You know me to well. 

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

hmmm I have some of that blue tape as well, it's great stuff.

Normally i love the stuff but this roll isn't good the glue isn't the right type. Its so tacky it wont come back off models easily. So i only use it when I'm out of Tamiya tape or i need to cover a really large area. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...