Nihon no fantomu or Japanese Phantom

Morning everybody ... well i started painting on this today. I got some of the black on but forgot to do the Antiglare panel, will have to get that tomorrow. I wish they made 100ml bottles of Tamiya Black & White, i go through so much of those two colors. Im on my 5th or 6th  jars of each for the year. 4jq0jmU.jpg

QBtNBq7.jpg

zy6G7iT.jpg

17ZlTCd.jpg

I will finish up the black tomorrow, then on Wednesday i can spray the base color of Dk. Ghost grey on, since i will be using it on both my F-4 phantom builds. Questions, comments, or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

Evening all... Well i finished the first color or so i thought until i went to photograph this. :rage: ... I forgot to paint the stabs. Both metal and ghost grey. :bangin:... So anyway this is where I'm sitting currently. 

UgxQSLb.jpg

d2RK7uc.jpg

lgdq0A4.jpg

ki5Msk4.jpg

Ive got some family issues coming up over the next few days (Memorial to an Uncle). So i wont be able to do much for now. Please spare the condolences, as we didn't get along for many years. Its more an obligation than sorrow that i go. 

Dennis

• Like 4

Nice job dennis so far ,got to love a phantom ,  your doing a grand job ,  looking at this i wished i had the time atm for 48th aircraft

I'll definitely get back to 48th scale  around september time but  for now I'm  operating in the gentlemans scale

• Thanks 1

Morning all... well i sprayed the stab's today.

jOPtZJi.jpg

Ea4trwc.jpg

The weird thing is the dark NMF panel on both stabs is the same color but catches light differently at different angles ? I know i need to paint the leading edges of this in metal, but that can be held off for last. I cleared the upper fuselage tonight and tomorrow will clear the bottom. Hopefully tomorrow night or Saturday i can mask for the Darker grey. 

Dennis

• Like 3

Hello everyone... well i sprayed the darker color today for the splinter/ferris type scheme. I started to paint and had a lot of problems. After continually thinning and amping up air pressure to 50 PSI i still was getting nothing good. So i blew out my A/B and found this. wMf2mjx.jpg

So i had to completely break down my A/B to clean it out. There was a lot of little rocks in the A/B and it was a nightmare. When i finally cleaned out the A/B and got back to painting it was better but i had to still spray the super thin paint at about 20-22 PSI. After all my troubles this is where i am at with the Phantom. yp0yGdv.jpg

x9G4I9h.jpg

AJlr0G7.jpg

cQLexSz.jpg

uRWvHQB.jpgThere is one area I'm not really happy with. However after all the fun with the paint I'm not exactly wanting to fix it. I will think about it until Monday as i have family obligations tomorrow. Questions, comments or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 4

Yeah when i pulled the tape off was quite a substantial size. Well at least this was the only Phantom I've had to mask this week. The other one I'm building, 

received a free-hand camouflage. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Thanks Craig @modelling minion & @Blitz23 I suffer from the usual ailments. However i also suffer from something called Cholinergic-urticaria. I've posted a link to the explanation as it may better explain it than i could. Long and short of it is i got super heated and almost blacked out. I was already starting to go into distress, when my daughter insisted we leave. Ultimately against the wishes of the rest of my family. Currently things are very unhappy and cold on the family front, because some of them never believed me. I have told them all over the last 10 years that i suffered from this condition, and they all thought it was made up. Sorry to be a bit of downer but i figured id give an explanation. I should be back tomorrow I'm just relaxing today. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/skin-disorders/cholinergic-urticaria

Dennis

• Sad 2

Good morning... Well Decals phase 1 are done, now its time for the stencils. 

q8JRKux.jpg

gaCdhlD.jpg

OthPCwo.jpg

XhSw0JK.jpg

XXtNuZF.jpg

Have i told anyone here that i really hate stencils ? 😉 ... At least this one only has about 80 of them instead of the usual 200 or so on a Phantom. Questions, comments, or good jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 3