Scratch build walker type thingy

I got some plasticard for the first time and decided to give it a try. Seen plenty of videos online with walker type stuff? So I'm going to give that ago today? Woke up unusually early so I've been at it since this morning. Got this far so far. Amazed at how quickly it all comes together. 

20190630_122842

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got the chance to air brush it quickly. I put a layer of silver down first, sealed it, then some green with a bit of yellow added.  

20190630_175309

Chipped the paint back to the silver, sealed again. Will put some orange and browns on in a bit and some rust and oil stains. 

• Like 2

Well I added some lighter green, the didn't like it, then messed around some more and ended up with this.

20190630_215339

20190630_215309

20190630_215227

Need to hand paint some extra details. And make some legs. But that's enough for today. I could get used to this plasticard stuff. I've had loads of fun today. 

• Like 4

Having a look through some decals

20190701_182000

What's that I see in amongst them???? 

20190701_182025

Surely not? From an old lightning kit? 

Had to do it... 

20190701_192338

Right now off to see if I've got any balsa wood in the shed, as per petes advice 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't forget,(like I did a couple of times) the upper leg should be thicker than the lower leg, so that it slips over it at the joint.

I ended up with four leg sections of equal thickness. Doh!

Like the BM decals!

Pete

• Haha 1