1/48 Special Hobby T-2 Buckeye. Greek Air Force

Hi all.

My latest build is the Special Hobby 1/48 T-2E Buckeye.

I choose the Greek Air Force camouflaged version. Especially the red and white striped rudder and tip tanks look very good in combination with the camouflage colors imo.

Lots of rivets and panel lines were added. The model was painted with Gunze Aqueous paints over Alclad black primer.

Thank you for watching.

René

spacer.png

bZBLhCE.jpg

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

Hello Deco,

Impressive, especially going for the Greek camou scheme..

Finished to perfection.

Regards, Orion.

• Thanks 1

Absolute amzing work. Stunning colour sceme. You brought it perfect to the point.

regards

Andy 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Edited by Andy Dyck
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's about as perfectly built and finished model as you're going to see! I am sooo jealous...sure looks more warlike in the Greek scheme than the USN red/white colors. Well done! (If I can only do one half as well on the 1/72 kit....)

Mike

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
42 minutes ago, Niels Roman said:

Great Job!! any tips on how to cut the canopy? I always struggle with the vacu canopies supplied by Special Hobby and MPM.

Thank you. This was my first kit with a vacuform canopy. I glued plastic strips inside the canopy to recreate the framing. When the glue dried (ca) I used the strips as a guide to cut the clear plastic.

René

• 2 months later...

Now, it's been a while since this beauty was last complimented, but since I am now building the same model, I thought I could pay my respects for the amazing work you've done, René. Knowing what the kit looks like, I have to say that you've tamed it unbelievably well. Great model!

• Thanks 1

Beautiful model. Someone advise please. Is the step in front of the windscreen exaggerated in that kit. I've looked at a lot of pictures of Buckeyes the step seems smaller in those. Other builds of this kit I've seen here have the same step and no mention of it being an issue, so forgive me if I've spoken out of turn. 

• Thanks 1