Dragon Instructions, option part help

ProAnti

I am not a regular Dragon buyer and the instruction vary hugely.

I am not a "to the last degree" builder and have little if any reference books.

This is a general instruction question.

This kit as 2 vehicle choices, Its pretty much decals that set the 2 tanks apart.

Yet several stages have part options, front drive housings ,gun mantlet, suspension stops/springs.

I have no idea what to go with the 2 tank pictures are exactly the same!  so I could end up with a real hodge podge.

Sorry here is the question...... when I see the option part symbol ,it then has 2 part numbers,i part above the other, say G1 above G2.

If I go with the upper OR lower exclusively with this mean I have matching parts? are the manuals made this way?

it gives no help other than the part choice.

Hey there Pro Anti

Welcome to this board and the nice and helpful people here.

Nonetheless you would assist us with some mor information about your kit. Either be it the kit number or the exact name of the kit. Having you mention G1 and G2 I would guess it is a 2 in 1 kit of the Jagdpanther?

Then again it would be ery helpfull to mention the building step and the parts your are actually talking about.

2 hours ago, ProAnti said:

vehicle choices, Its pretty much decals that set the 2 tanks apart.

Yet several stages have part options, front drive housings ,gun mantlet, suspension stops/springs.

I have no idea what to go with the 2 tank pictures are exactly the same!  so I could end up with a real hodge podge.

Sorry here is the question...... when I see the option part symbol ,it then has 2 part numbers,i part above the other, say G1 above G2.

If I go with the upper OR lower exclusively with this mean I have matching parts? are the manuals made this way?

it gives no help other than the part choice.

The kit is the Ersatz M10, Kit 6561.

I thought it was not worth saying the kit because of the amount of options, even small vent covers etc. I could not see anyone knowing all the variations.

I was hoping there is some rhyme+reason/system to the manual , like following along with the top or bottom option part number.

I am no rivot counter OR even know about this (panther)? variant BUT would not like to have glaring errors.

If most of the options were correct fitment in any mix I would not mind but I do not think that's the case

Dragon are notorious for their "eccentric" approach to their kit instruction sheets! In order to decipher them you really need to be familiar with the vehicle modelled and it's variations.

Kit 6561 is meant to represent a German Panther Ausf G mocked up to resemble an American M10 Tank Destroyer during the Battle of the Bulge in late 1944. Word of warning, though: as Otto Skorzeny was involved there is a connection to the Waffen-SS. If you find the link distasteful the project might not be for you. Wikipedia page about the unit that operated them, the 150. (SS) Panzer Brigade: LINK.

I'll be honest and say that as subject it's something I'm not very clued up about, primarily due to the SS connection. Anyway, now that that bit's out of the way, here are a pair reviews from two of the tank modelling forums:

Armorama: LINK.

Missing-Lynx: LINK.

It might be an idea to try registering on either Armorama or Missing-Lynx as there will be a better knowledge base on those forums than on BM. Word of advice, though, if you register with the latter make sure you've had a thorough look through the site with the forum search engine before you post or you'll run the risk of being shot down!

Mike.

Looking at the instructions online, the two vehicle options are labeled as B7 and B4, having an added grey background to help spot this.   You should see this labeling  whenever a choice is to be made of for the particular vehicle you are building.  

There are other option choices too, like using PE (prefixed MA) in place of plastic, as well as other details dealing with the original  Panther Ausf. G kit.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG