1/35 Modern Russian Soldiers (2014)

I bought these figures for a planned diorama, but as the club decided to have a "Figure" competition, the soldiers took priority.

I have to admit that Figure Modelling is way out of my comfort zone but the resin figures are really stunning and very well moulded. 

Russiana.jpg
Russianb.jpg
Russianc.jpg

The eyes still need work but I though I'd post thes before I botch them up.

As for the rest of the diorama, I'm afraid that it's still in my imagination.....

Thanks for looking.

Mike

• Like 6

Very nice. A couple of pointers. The slot in the rifle stock shouldn't go all the way through. It is a groove in each side so that you can tell an AK47/AKM from an AK74 - they are different calibres, but the magazines are interchangeable. Stocks and pistol grips should be polymer to match front hand guards. Magazines are made of plastic and don't show metal weathering can be bakelite, black or plum coloured. Vintorez (the "baby" sniper rifle) has a black rubber but plate.

(I am a bit of a weapon geek).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice. A couple of pointers. The slot in the rifle stock shouldn't go all the way through. It is a groove in each side so that you can tell an AK47/AKM from an AK74 - they are different calibres, but the magazines are interchangeable. Stocks and pistol grips should be polymer to match front hand guards. Magazines are made of plastic and don't show metal weathering can be bakelite, black or plum coloured. Vintorez (the "baby" sniper rifle) has a black rubber but plate.

(I am a bit of a weapon geek).

Thanks John. I have to admit that I'm a complete novice when it comes to figures so it would have been good to do a bit more homework from my side. Slots in the rifle stock ? Evolution MIniatures got it right with their moulding - I got it wrong by drilling and carving them out. 😀

• 3 weeks later...