1/32nd Dewoitine D520

Hey there.

This was built long ago but since I have much easier access to photo storage these days I thought I might post it.

I hope you guys like it!

This is the Azur kit with a Contact Resine nose and some other little bits.

S7T2vzY.jpg

The pilot is a metal figure but I can't remember who cast him.

BY5K27S.jpg

The base is blueboard foam insulation covered with celluclay.

I pressed some bootprints in while the mud was soft and a few muddy tracks on the hardstand.

The duckboards are popsicle sticks. (Ice lollies to you lot.)

RJ2oqY1.jpg

Grass is Noch flocking with a bit of olive drab sprayed on to knock down the bright green just a tad.

Some oil and grease spatters and little hydrogen peroxide to weather the wood.

BhlEoVv.jpg

A fine spring day in France!

Thanks for looking.

Questions, and comments are very welcome!

Q

• Like 20

Lovely job. I always liked the D520 and have wondered what if the French had just been modernised that wee bit sooner 

I have the same project in the stash.  Anything to watch out for?  What paints did you use? The colours look spot on on my screen 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnT said:

Lovely job. I always liked the D520 and have wondered what if the French had just been modernised that wee bit sooner 

I have the same project in the stash.  Anything to watch out for?  What paints did you use? The colours look spot on on my screen 

Paints were a line of French colours by Pollyscale, which are unfortunately, no longer in production.

The pilot was brush painted with Modelmaster.

The only real fit problems, aside from getting the resin bits in, is the rear canopy and the trailing edge of the lower wing where it fairs into the fuselage.

Most of which is covered by the radiator thankfully.

I quite like the Azur kits. They may take a bit of extra detailing but they look very good.

I also have their 1/32  Morane MS.406 and a Caudron C.714 in the collection that may get built one day...

I appreciate the comments.

Thanks for looking!

• Thanks 1

That looks really nice the base and figure really compliment the model, I too like the AZUR kits and the D520 was my introduction to them, I really like the camouflage patterns and colours, I followed the D520 with the Hawk 75, Bloch 152, and the Ms 406 I sill have the C.714 to build but will get around to it one day.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1