FW 190 D12 - TRIMASTER ( A CLASSIC)

Hi all!

I ´ll show you now one of my last projects.

This is an TRIMASTER model, an icon of the 90´s. This is a multimedia kit with P.E ( basically, the cockpit) and pieces of lead ( undercarriege system and exaust stacks) . The P.E are of stainless steel, very hard to deal.

This model has an issue that must be corrected, the wheel wells are closed such as the FW 190 A models. The in line engines, used in the FW 190 D´s and TA series had these open. The next photos show, how I corrected it :

OAdJ7d.jpg

xHBbIN.jpg

njQWGZ.jpg

o6jZBb.jpg

TWWNLC.jpg

And the DORA 12 ready :

YZaiKj.jpg

ex4QDb.jpg

XOF5Le.jpg

huUzZt.jpg

ex4QDb.jpg

XjuUcq.jpg

Edited by Luiz
  • Like 24

Yeah, I really like your correction Luiz; very well done indeed and a great idea.  This model looks great.  I've been looking at the paint work with envy Luiz.   I am somewhat surprised that there are no brake lines on the main landing gear or am I just overlooking those?  No matter, overall, another beautifully built and finished model!!:worthy:

That scratch work that replaces the absent parts the kit should have but does not are terrific. The end effect really pops under some paint and weathering. Going to use your idea on a certain HB kit I have in the stash that also needs a partial scratch work in that area. Parabéns!

On 29/06/2019 at 10:10, Gary Brantley said:

Yeah, I really like your correction Luiz; very well done indeed and a great idea.  This model looks great.  I've been looking at the paint work with envy Luiz.   I am somewhat surprised that there are no brake lines on the main landing gear or am I just overlooking those?  No matter, overall, another beautifully built and finished model!!:worthy:

Dear Gary.

...the brake lines are there...see the photo below :

6p2eqT.jpg

Best!

Luiz.

3 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Ah yes, as I suspected!  There they are; my poor eyesight fails me once more. 😉  Beautiful work too, I might add. 👍

👍😎

Cheers!

Luiz.

1 hour ago, ArmouredSprue said:

Very nice looking Dora. Well done with the correction

Thank you AS !

Best!

Luiz.

• Like 1