Lamborghini Diablo VT

As promised in the WIP-section, some pictures of the completed Diablo. A few build-pictures can be found there as well as a little more info. Wiper deliberately left off as it seemed massively overscaled and wouldn't fit correctly. Couldn't be bothered, to be honest. Maybe someday I'll do or find a better one. Probably not.

First some shots from all sides, trying to catch the model as well as the aggressive pose.

b1QzZb.jpg

huVTIN.jpg

V8bmlm.jpg

ciQbGG.jpg

BaBmYM.jpg

6Hvaga.jpg

VQtz4o.jpg

EJLPnk.jpg

v52vAd.jpg

7R2HCc.jpg

Next some Moneyshots for your preferenced car magazine 😉

jfwYwt.jpg

3p0zBx.jpg

altSDO.jpg

I love that reflection from the flash on the badges edge 🙂

sQbyHY.jpg

I love those rims. Kit chrome stripped. Completely painted in Vallejo Model Air Aluminium, black wash all over, outer ring and Lugnuts Molotov chrome. Badge is Kit decal and fitted perfectly.

CRsDMn.jpg

w3CmUU.jpg

I hope you like it. Not perfect, but fun and quick to build. Pictures were taken in its recent display place in our bookshelf. Quite a critical colour combination to take good pictures of.

• Like 5

Thank you, Alan. The Bodypanels where printed (!) with something along the lines "made for Revell in Shenzen, PRC". No additional Information on the original boxing. Scalemates shows no connection to Italeri for this particular kit, but that's no safe bet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well done, Schwarz-Brot. That kit isn't easy and white is a hard colour to paint.

On 29/06/2019 at 17:25, Alan R said:

Lovely!

I was thinking that this Revell kits was a re-pop of the Italeri one, but now I'm not so sure.

Cheers, Alan.

That's not so easy to say... I built the Revell Diablo with item no. 07351 some years ago.

If Schwarz-Brot doesn't mind me showing it in this thread:

spacer.png

As you can see, it is the latter version of the Diablo with the glass cover headlights instead of hidden headlights. As to my surpise there is no other Revell or Italeri kit replicating this very model, I did some research and found out that in fact this kit IS based on the Italeri kit with the following differences between them:

- the Italeri kit has hidden headlights, the Revell has the glass cover headlights
- the Italeri kit has different decals and different tyres and wheels
- unlike the Italeri kit the Revell kit does not have the rear wing (the one on my model is scratch-built)

So, in fact, Revell did a lot of modification back then on the Italeri kit, just to replicate that latter Diablo type.

Note that the widely available Revell Diablos kits with item no.'s 07066 and 07365 (such as the one built by Schwarz-Brot) do not have anything in common with the Italeri kit. They are completely different kits and (unlike the Italeri kits) come with a detailed engine.

Edited by Tommy124
  • Like 1