1/72 Airfix 109E

4 hours ago, kapam said:

Very nice work.

I've started building one of these Airfix 109's myself recently (like, isn't everyone? 😁).

Problem is, they're all being done so well (judging by this forum) I just don't know if mine can ever make the grade.

Not to worry - it's great admiring your work while viewing it as something of a yardstick too.

:clap:

Thanks K, don't judge what you're doing by others folks builds as the great Bob Marley may have said ( but probably didn't)

" Dem grass always greener in other rasta's spliff!"

Just build it, sometimes you get a masterpiece other days it's just a practise piece, have fun  and remember, it's better to build a model then count its rivets!

Cheers

Anil

• Like 1

19 hours ago, azureglo said:

…..sometimes you get a masterpiece other days it's just a practise piece.....

Hey, I like that philosophy!  Well put!

Thanks. 😀

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 10:07 PM, azureglo said:

Another straight OOB build for "production" - as per my earlier Spit for presents , fleabay etc. I'm curious what will fetch more a Spit or a 109E? Thats the trader in me I suppose but I wonder if patriotic zeal will win out? Oh  and yes the props all spin now...

WelI I got my answer:

48239685447_777385f290_b.jpg

Better stock up on the dark earth, dark green and sky....

Anil

An absolute beauty.  A beautiful paint finish which belies the scale of the model.  Very reminiscent of the old Airfix 1/24th box art.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, Meatbox8 said:

An absolute beauty.  A beautiful paint finish which belies the scale of the model.  Very reminiscent of the old Airfix 1/24th box art.

Thanks  MB, its on the build thread and this is the inspiration I was working from Mr Roy Cross in the early 70's:

48087030732_89998180af_b.jpg

Anil