Sea Vixen FAW.1x2

16 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Man, that's the best build of the CyberHobby kit I've ever seen.     :)

Isn't it, though? It's amazing what adding just a few AM bits have done for it. It looks like a completely different model than the one I have.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 7

On 7/24/2022 at 2:21 PM, AdrianMF said:

Whaaaaa?? What will we do then? The news will be reporting outbreaks of delinquency among disgruntled men of a certain age whose moral support and reason for going online has been suddenly taken away…

As if COVID and monkeypox weren't bad enough, we'll now have "Sea Vixen withdrawal syndrome" to deal with! I look for a warning from the World Health Organization any day now.

• Haha 7

Wow, what a journey that has been! Truly :gobsmacked: all the way!

Not sure if that is a jaw dropping emoticon, or a smal EDSG man vomiting...... Oh well you get my drift I'm sure!

Thanks for sharing an incredible journey.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll just echo everyone else's sentiments and comments, Tony - what a trip this has been!

Glorious result in the end, I cannot wait for the RFI! :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

Alan, Phil, Ian, Simon, Bill, Adrian, Pete, Steve, Keith, Neil, Bal, Mark, CJ, Crisp, Nige, Bill, Jason, Michael, Terry, Giorgio: my thanks all of you and just to say that the RFI is up here now:

52244585591_9f19e5a437_c.jpg

• Like 14

Thanks for the build, although I didn't follow it blow by blow (maybe I should have). It's been an eye opener. I like your basic photo 'booth'. I built one form a repurposed washing machine box. It doesn't work for 48th helo's. I may try your approach.

Thanks for the ride.

Colin

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Having followed this thread from the beginning (and making a few minor contributions to it), I was eager to obtain an example of Tony’s work, as the Sea Vixen has intrigued me since, as an adolescent, I learned of it in the pages of RAF Flying Review many years ago. So when Tony told me it was available, I ordered one, and it arrived yesterday. Today I finally had a chance to unbox/unwrap/fondle the kit components,  and I am simply stunned to see them in person, even after following the design-build thread and oohing and aahing at the photos. I’m 76 and have been building models since the days of solid wood kits, and I have never seen anything to equal this kit. It will almost be a shame to build it and hide away many of the beautiful details. And thanks to the excellent packaging, all those beautifully printed parts made the voyage across The Pond undamaged.

Anyone who obtains this kit will be fortunate to have one. It is simply not to be equalled by any other model airplane kit in any medium. It will take patience and skill to assemble, but when you have completed it you will have a miniature masterpiece.

My thanks to Tony for his dedicated work in designing and printing this kit and for making copies available to others.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Anyone who obtains this kit will be fortunate to have one. It is simply not to be equalled by any other model airplane kit in any medium. It will take patience and skill to assemble, but when you have completed it you will have a miniature masterpiece.

Agree completely. I posted some pictures of mine over in the What's your latest acquisition page...

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Agree completely. I posted some pictures of mine over in the What's your latest acquisition page...

Cheers,

Bill

You seem to be taking me places that I don't know exist Bill.

Where the wotsit do I find it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, perdu said:

You seem to be taking me places that I don't know exist Bill.

Where the wotsit do I find it?

It's here Bill:

Ciao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lordy Tony I missed the end. How on earth? I can’t add anything more that hasn’t already been said. I am and will constantly be agog by your work. Our double builds will always remain special to me.  I wish you well with your new found business venture. 👌😍

Johnny

• Thanks 1

My kit arrived safely over the weekend. I feel very privileged to have got my mitts on one. The workmanship really needs to be seen to be appreciated. Echo the previous sentiments to say thank you for all your efforts Tony. 

Bal

• Thanks 1