Sea Vixen FAW.1x2

I doubt anyone would believe me if I told them I'd learnt about the reaction between UV light and olive oil from a modelling forum.

Curiouser and curioser.

"Ees not a RAT, ees Siberian Hamster!"

Ian

• Haha 8

20 hours ago, TheBaron said:

They had to deflate him twice (how do they do that?)

Pull the plug out? 

Lovely creatures, we've got a couple visiting the garden again recently, rarely see them but know when they've been due to the little messages they leave...!!

And talking of lovely creatures, the Vixen continues to progress nicely!

Keith

• Like 3

I seem to remember that the Ram Air Turbine, once deployed, has to be manually retracted. But that is probably on a different Aircraft?

Doom Bar and Onion gravy? I can say that cask ale, once the finings (made from bits of fish, to keep it clear*) have been added, lasts about six weeks.

Once it goes out of date it does indeed look like a mix of the two. The smell, however, is not pleasant. The barrels are steam cleaned by the breweries.

Olive oil should be consumed as soon as possible, and not used in dastardly scientific experiments at the speed of light. Nor should it be fed to Hedgehogs.

* If the finings are not added you get cloudy beer, which is vegan friendly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Pull the plug out? 

Lovely creatures, we've got a couple visiting the garden again recently, rarely see them but know when they've been due to the little messages they leave...!!

And talking of lovely creatures, the Vixen continues to progress nicely!

Keith

If any creature is naturally equipped to be able to self-administer pressure alleviating acupuncture it should be the hedgehog. Is he a rare pufferfish/hedgehog cross? Puffhogs will be all the rage as the must have pet by summer 2021 so you're ahead of the trend

• Haha 6

On 8/7/2020 at 8:48 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Ahhh the hedgehog looks lovely, great work.

Chris

Oh and so does the Vixen btw

Thnx x2 Chris. :thumbsup2:

On 8/7/2020 at 9:24 PM, LostCosmonauts said:

. or you might be about to revolutionise 3D printing with the first wholly organic resin that doubles as a salad dressing

Sea Vixen Vinaigrette.

'An arresting combination of tastes sure to catapult any salad to dressing heaven.' ™️

23 hours ago, 71chally said:

How does a person even discover that?!!

*stands in kitchen doorway shining laser pointer at every item in turn making laser blaster noises à la THHGTTG...  :laugh:

23 hours ago, 71chally said:

Amazing work as ever, really superb rendering with that ram air-turbine.

You'll have noted that the fan blades themselves are shorter in length than the reality James, a compromise required by making the walls of the surrounding tunnel thick enough to print without warping.

22 hours ago, perdu said:

Mmmmm

Good stuff!

Can I stick that endorsement on the salad dressing label Bill? 😁

14 hours ago, CedB said:

More marvellous modelling mastery matey!

Good work on the Hedgehog too Tony - worth saving the little cutie :) 

Double thanks dear Ced.

Pleased to report Harry now devouring everything that comes his way and due for release back into his home-hedge at dusk on Sunday....

• Like 8

9 hours ago, giemme said:

think I have some work on commission for you

If it's a portrait in oils Giorgio, I'm only doing it if you promise to wear a lace ruff and matching cuffs....😁

7 hours ago, Brandy said:

doubt anyone would believe me if I told them I'd learnt about the reaction between UV light and olive oil from a modelling forum.

Curiouser and curioser.

I'm beginning to wonder if the last half of my life isn't actually a recapitulation of everything I saw on 'How' as a kid Ian...

398ced658461e7585c03b5eeb312ac2f.jpg

These were such genuine and self-effacing people sharing the excitement of knowledge.

7 hours ago, Brandy said:

Ees not a RAT, ees Siberian Hamster!"

:rofl2:

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

It's nice to know they're out there living away alongside us isn't it Keith? :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

seem to remember that the Ram Air Turbine, once deployed, has to be manually retracted.

That I can't recollect reading Pete but I will check Buttler's thorough volume in the morning. There's also a couple of original Flight articles from the 50s and 60s I managed to download before the demise of their archive that might have something.

Olive oil should be consumed as soon as possible, and not used in dastardly scientific experiments at the speed of light.

'It rubs the oil on the salad. Or else it gets the hose again.'

* If the finings are not added you get cloudy beer, which is vegan friendly.

'A pint of cloudy and one of them steak pies Dave if you'd be so kind...'

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, LostCosmonauts said:

will be all the rage as the must have pet by summer 2021 so you're ahead of the trend

I like the idea of a puff-hog that curls upwards so that it is self-deflating in an emergency... 😆

• Haha 5

On 8/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, LostCosmonauts said:

... or you might be about to revolutionise 3D printing with the first wholly organic resin that doubles as a salad dressing

🤔 That is, this whole topic, just to create the most accurate edible Sea Vixen?😲

I find it difficult to classify whether it will be revolutionary modelling cooking or revolutionaryedible modelling?

😲😁

On 8/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, keefr22 said:

Pull the plug out? 

Could it be 

Frankie and Benjy Mouse

under cover,

latest?cb=20180828084937

and thus they leave an encrypted message to all of humanity? 😉😁

But if so, be careful, take care of Your brain !!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_characters

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 08/08/2020 at 20:53, Pete in Lincs said:

* If the finings* are not added you get cloudy beer, which is vegan friendly.

My digestive tract must be awesomely UN-VEGAN FRIENDLY considering its reaction to many of the pints of cloudy beer it has imbibed over the past nigh-on sixty years.

*Isinglass I seem to recall alongside several other allegedly inoffensive substances...

My stomach's owner (moi) refuses to go near any pints of cloudy beer for fear.

Fear is the key, no doubt acos I fear the effects of cloudy immensely.

So will we be getting 3D printed beer too then? My friend, him over there, asks that I should engage in the gentle badinage of this discussion.

Me?

I seriously doubt his and my wisdom but that die is now cast.

• Haha 8

33 minutes ago, perdu said:

So will we be getting 3D printed beer too then?

At least for the hobbyist doing FDM printing the main polymer PLA is derived from corn starch and, although normally done chemically, you could do the processing by a fermentation with e.coli so we're probably already 9/10ths of the way there. 

The big trick in making biomaterials is to persuade the little blighters not to turn every carbohydrate they see into alcohol 

Edited by LostCosmonauts
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

The big trick in making biomaterials is to persuade the little blighters not to turn every carbohydrate they see into alcohol 

That is, in the perspective, this model of Sea Vixen can not only be eaten, but also drunk like alcohol?  😲Two in one? 😁 In vodka and snack at the same time? 😁😲 Stunning prospects for the future of modeling! 😁 Hello, wonderful world! 😁

......it turns out the models will only sell at the age of 21+?

😲😁

....will the models be aged for many years as whiskey, wine or cognac?  😁..... ah, you feel, this Sea Vixen has got light fruity notes with

chocolate

taste  over the years !!

😁😁

...and you's  remember, how need opening this Sea Vixen after many years of storage:

???!!!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Brandy said:

There is NO excuse for cloudy beer.

Ian

Note to self...

Bringing on this special slightly cloudy Belgian rocket fuel for Ian 

You gonna taste it :whistle:

21 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

That is, in the perspective, this model of Sea Vixen can not only be eaten, but also drunk like alcohol?  😲Two in one? 😁 In vodka and snack at the same time? 😁😲 Stunning prospects for the future of modeling! 😁 Hello, wonderful world! 😁

......it turns out the models will only sell at the age of 21+?

😲😁

....will the models be aged for many years as whiskey, wine or cognac?  😁..... ah, you feel, this Sea Vixen has got light fruity notes with

chocolate

taste  over the years !!

😁😁

...and you's  remember, how need opening this Sea Vixen after many years of storage:

???!!!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

Seemingly, our Dear Baron pushed the limits a bit further....:cheers:

I've eard of the special tank driver Lockheed brake fluid made vodka... But now this ....

RAT are usually folded back by hand since once you need it and use it...

It is frequently to get back on the ground in just one piece....

Dear Baron, are you sure that no hamster has been harmed in the process ???:rofl2:

Really, you should start to produce kits !!!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Note to self...

Is it possible that this guys haven’t  entered into the world of blanche beers - or even weizen ones? Nonsense, I say!

:rofl: You teach 'em, CC! :D

Ciao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, giemme said:

Is it possible that this guys haven’t  entered into the world of blanche beers - or even weizen ones? Nonsense, I say!

Ciao 

Trusssssst me !! :cheers:

Orval is also cloudy !! And really Rocket fuel....:evil_laugh:

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are many cloudy beers, and most are very good. But for English style beers there is still no excuse for it! They can be made clear by adding finings to remove the yeast in suspense. I had to do it many times at the pub I worked at. We only sold "live" ale straight from the barrel which meant walking down into the cellar and turning the tap! There was no lager, and the only 3 pumps in the place were for Guiness, Beamish, and Murphy's.

I do miss that pub!

Ian

• Like 5

On 8/13/2020 at 11:00 PM, giemme said:

Ciao 

On 8/13/2020 at 8:38 PM, corsaircorp said:

Note to self...

You gonna taste it :whistle:

Nothing wrong with cloudy beers. 😍

Have you guys tried “sours” ? Quite modern take on fruit beer. Small quantity high Volume and gorgeous. If that kind of thing waves your flag.

Sorry Tony. Back to ze Vixen. (Turbines look like they’re going to be great)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whilst we await a drinkable Sea Vixen it came to pass...

I went to my 'almost fabled little local' last night and acting on the advice of two drinking buddies drank 'some of  that!'

I can't for the life of me remember its name which surely means a return for research this arvo, but well into pint two I realised it was (shock horror) cloudy too.

Very pleasant pint(s) but difficult to recommend because it is extremely memory destructive

Cloudy

• Haha 6