Sea Vixen FAW.1x2

On 3/13/2020 at 3:28 PM, TheBaron said:

been a heck of a week at work and with everything in this sector here in Ireland now suspended due to the CV, am in throes of having to convert everything I

On 3/13/2020 at 5:29 PM, perdu said:

Tony mate, I hadnt realised that you were having trouble with your CV.

normally do into virtual online equivalents.

Don't panic!

This:

On 3/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, TheBaron said:

Protective clothing at all times Ced.

No-one wants to be Leslie during the apocalypse.

49658659971_5bca593900_c.jpg

Kind of hard to get into the groove design-wise this morning so I did what I always do when feeling too far on the outside of a problem and just spent some time drawing as a route back in.

protective clothing also no need, because:

!!!!

😉

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

Bill, Michael, Giorgio, Serge, Crisp: thanks for your comments guys. :thumbsup2: Troubleshooting online systems and generally in a comms vortex at work so no headspace for Vixenry until the weekend.

Currently at Condition Leonard:

2020-03-18_07-35-33

Ps. 'Furiously' contemplating this as future scratchbuild subject complete with airship:

2020-03-18_07-37-10

The RN's steampunk phase + dazzle paint is irresistible...

Adieu mes braves,

:bye:

Tolyan

• Like 16

13 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Ps. 'Furiously' contemplating this as future scratchbuild subject complete with airship:

2020-03-18_07-37-10

The RN's steampunk phase + dazzle paint is irresistible...

Now that would be a delicious treat Tony. The master, let loose in the maritime section!

That ship is one of my all time favourites. I wondered, does the contemplation phase delve into scale? 1/350 perhaps?

Keiths @keefr22 gentle nudge, is well placed too .............. just saying 🚂

Terry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heart's not in this right now chaps.

With the impact the virus is now having my attention's increasingly needed elsewhere. I don't talk about the nature of my job as a rule but it involves working with large numbers of young people, and at present, this means pastoral as much as professional care in helping them through this uncertain period. Mentally and emotionally there isn't much left over at the end of a day as a consequence.

The Vixen will doubtless prove a good antidote through this period, but I'll save any little bits of progress up until there's a significant enough body of stuff to post.

World's changed right now and I wish you each safety in the whirlwind.

:grouphug:

Tony

• Like 19

4 hours ago, TheBaron said:

With the impact the virus is now having my attention's increasingly needed elsewhere. I don't talk about the nature of my job as a rule but it involves working with large numbers of young people, and at present, this means pastoral as much as professional care in helping them through this uncertain period. Mentally and emotionally there isn't much left over at the end of a day as a consequence.

The Vixen will doubtless prove a good antidote through this period, but I'll save any little bits of progress up until there's a significant enough body of stuff to post.

World's changed right now and I wish you each safety in the whirlwind.

:grouphug:

Tony

Got your back at these horrid times Tony and I know the converse goes too, stay strong mate

You'd better, I might need you myself one day soon

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheBaron said:

...... Mentally and emotionally there isn't much left over at the end of a day as a consequence..

.....World's changed right now and I wish you each safety in the whirlwind.

You too Tony.  You're a good man with sound judgment.  Looking forward to this being in the past.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What everyone else said Tony... :)

Why don't you start a simple kit instead? Our model club webmaster has revived our long dormant website and started a 'Covid-19 lockdown group build' encouraging us to start something new. I chose my Roden T-28 Trojan as it's a nice, simple kit, and just doing a bit a day on it and interacting with my friends on line is helping to take the mind off the monstrous state the world finds itself in, if even for a short while....

Take care and try to stay safe everyone.

Keith

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I think everyone's head is going to be messed with at various points - often quite unexpectedly. I've been self-isolating for about a week and a half and mainly been ok and getting on with things but suddenly felt tearful as a random song on a playlist while I was cooking hit just the wrong emotional note. Look after yourself and hopefully we'll all come through this knowing to be kinder to each other and value the important stuff more

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, TheBaron said:

I don't talk about the nature of my job as a rule but it involves working with large numbers of young people, and at present, this means pastoral as much as professional care in helping them through this uncertain period.

Sorry, but the sad statistics (I don’t want to give it, but it is available on the Internet) from Italy says that young people under the age of 40 have no problems whatsoever with this virus.  Therefore, they should take care of those who are older than them.

Unfortunately, they absolutely do not think about it ....

On 3/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, TheBaron said:

The Vixen will doubtless prove a good antidote

Maybe correct:

"The Vixen will doubtless prove a good antiVenom"?

😁

B.w. about Venom,

(I think, in this topic true fans and connoisseurs of de Havilland  twin-boom  

fighters! 😉)small poll!  What modification do you think Venom is more interesting and demanded as model FB.1 or FB.4?

B.R.

Serge 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

but suddenly felt tearful as a random song on a playlist while I was cooking hit just the wrong emotional note

Like Keith I am glad I am not alone in that

I decided last week that I should minimise my outside contacts and wrench though it was I stopped going to my little happy local even  though my mates were still going

G (Mrs P if you like) and I are both in the over seventies bracket and hence have been as secluded as possible in a world where shopping has been necessary at times

But every so often (too blood* often) I get a hit in the emotions

It's the end of the world as we knew it, hope there is new world to explore after the bug goes its evil, merry way

Tony be sure we will be with you all the way mate, all the way

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1