Saunders Roe SR.53 - 1/72 AZ model, SR.177 Anigrand 1/144

Dear fellow modellers,

I would like to show you two models I finished last year. They are interesting parts of British Aviation history. The SR.53 was a Project combining jet Propulsion with a rocket Motor to bring the Aircraft quickly to a high altitude. 

The model Shows the Aircraft as it was during the first flights in 1957, when there was no armament. Later the SR.53 was equipped with some colourful rocket mock ups.

As a matter of fact I built the old Airfix kit in the early 70s and I was happy to see this type produced as a contemporary kit, but...

The kit is from AZ model and it is kinda disappointing concerning Overall fit and Details. I really expected more from a modern kit. So a lot of filling, sanding and rescribing was involved. I replaced the pitot tube and added a sensor to it.

The smaller Aircraft is just for comparison reasons. It is a part of a bigger Anigrand kit, if I remember correctly, of the Short Belfast kit. Being in 1/144 scale, it has only a few parts. The SR.177 only existed as a mock up. So this is a model of a model.

hope You like it!

cheers, Norbert

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png