Obscure Hawker Hunter Request

Max Headroom

I’m building the new Airfix 1/48 Hunter and am enjoying it immensely. Some of those parts literally click together.

So to the question. There are a few holes dotted along the fuselage not catered for by Airfix, most notably the one behind the wing trailing edge. However, there is a smaller hole in the front fuselage, just forward of the intake on both sides that has been missed. Here is an example on a Swiss F.58:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5891672

Its above (what I think) is a trestle point marking. The thing is, it’s there on some Hunters and not on others. I’m doing the 4FTS option from the kit btw.

Is is there any rule to determine when it should, or should not, be there?

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

As Sabrejet says, the hole is used when changing the gun pack. The 'hole' is actually a tube about 5" deep with a thread in the bottom. A 'spigot' is screwed into the hole and a standard bomb winch is hung from it. A strop is slung under the gun pack and attached to the end of the bomb winch cables. Those 2 winches plus a third at the front of the gun pack are operated together to winch it in or out. There's no plug when the spigot is removed, just a hole. The 'trestle' marking directly below it is actually a guide for locating the strop. The hole is present on all Hunters, but it's not always visible in photos.

• Thanks 1