Tornado F3 (ADV) 1/48

Mutley

I'd say Revell. Hands down. It's a fiddly kit to build but the detail is so far beyond everything else there's little comparison. The vanilla kit is also quite cheap, usually retailing around £22 but may be picked up for a lot less. The Eduard Ltd Ed boxing is more expensive but really nice, especially with the resin, PE and decal options included. 

• Like 2

The Italeri F-3 is a fine kit, simpler to build than the recent Revell boxing, and both are without the shape  issues of the Hobby Boss kit (see Jon Kunac-Tabinor's thread linked below)

If you are after Something to go in a presentation case the Italeri would be fine. (In my opinion 🙂 )

Jon's Hobby Boss F3 thread

• Like 2

I like the recent Revell kit.  It does have faults (like the wrong forward wingsweep angle) but most of those can be quite easily tackled. The key is to take your time, make sure ALL flash is removed from all parts and dry fit all parts thoroughly. 

That being said, I’m not getting rid of my 3 Italeri F3’s, mainly because I do have the required Paragon detail sets to go along with them...

What we really need is some good quality ‘early’ decals. Something I hope Xtradecal will do sooner or later!

Guillaume

PS: another thing that bugs me on the Revell Tornado is the lack of wing anhedral when built as per instructions. This is easily dealt with but all too often neglected...

• Like 1

Thanks all.

I've ordered a Revell (I liked their GR1), but as I want to build one for myself, I may also get the Italieri and see which will look better for the ex Tonka Techie