1/6 scale Rick Grimes head sculpts

On 13 July 2019 at 5:08 PM, Retired Bob said:

Superb painting, very realistic, but standalone Rick movies??   What no "KAAARRRL"

p.s.  The penguins are on special today.  :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

My son told me the other day that he'd seen a trailer for the Rick movie but it didn't really give much away and will be a cinema release ( I was hoping it would be on the telly ) 

Pete

• Like 1

On 21 July 2019 at 8:16 AM, Coors54 said:

Andrew's a bit greyer than that these days. Outstanding painting skills there.

thats Something he and I Have in common Lol ! Although I'm a bit thinner on top than he is these days too

I believe the sculpt depicts Rick in series 2 ( looks like it to me from reference pics ) but I have a later series head to do soon and he has a full beard so I'm guessing will need a bit of grey 

Pete

• Like 1

On 21 July 2019 at 9:05 AM, noeyedears said:

love to see you document the process of doing this.....is there a wip?

I honestly didn't think there would be much interest in these so I only took a few pics during painting but next time I'm painting some heads I'll document it and post some pics and descriptions of what I did

Pete

• Like 1

Yeah, all right I guess  😜😉👍🤣

In fact bloomin marvellous.  Excellent work.  Well done.

Only shame is the figure has that persistent Rick miserable face.  True to the series, but blimey, he really needed to learn to laugh !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Brundledonk said:

I honestly didn't think there would be much interest in these so I only took a few pics during painting but next time I'm painting some heads I'll document it and post some pics and descriptions of what I did

Pete

Really, mate, that is top work.  You really need to give us a look at your work.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Brundledonk said:

My son told me the other day that he'd seen a trailer for the Rick movie but it didn't really give much away and will be a cinema release ( I was hoping it would be on the telly ) 

Give it 3/4 years and it will be, perhaps earlier if it's a flop. :penguin:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

Yeah, all right I guess  😜😉👍🤣

In fact bloomin marvellous.  Excellent work.  Well done.

Only shame is the figure has that persistent Rick miserable face.  True to the series, but blimey, he really needed to learn to laugh !!

Thank you 🙏

Yes he does have that 'just stepped barefoot in the litter tray' look to him lol but as you say he doesn't have a lot to smile about given his experiences in the TV show. 

One thing I've noticed a lot in these 1/6 headsculpts is that they tend to have very neutral expressions, there are a few out there that show a bit more, I did a Jack Nicholson one from the Shining a while back and he was a bit more animated and also I've seen another Rick Grimes sculpt where he has a bit of a primal scream or war cry going on but most whilst having a good likeness are pretty dull but I'm guessing neutral means you can have the figure in lots of poses and the expression works with most of them ?

Pete

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Give it 3/4 years and it will be, perhaps earlier if it's a flop. :penguin:

Hopefully it will be good but I'm not holding my breath as even though I've followed the series from the beginning I have to admit I didn't find the later couple of series as as enjoyable as the earlier ones, it does feel like the writers are running out of intersting things for the characters To do

Pete

8 minutes ago, Brundledonk said:

Hopefully it will be good but I'm not holding my breath as even though I've followed the series from the beginning I have to admit I didn't find the later couple of series as as enjoyable as the earlier ones, it does feel like the writers are running out of intersting things for the characters To do

Same here, from the first episode to their arrival at Alexandria was good with some interesting ideas, but apart from a few inspirational episodes, it has now become a sequence of morality checks.