1/6 scale Rick Grimes head sculpts

from time to time i paint 1/6 scale heads for custom action figures and these are 2 of my latest ones, these were done with Vallejo and Andrea acrylics

Pete

48137252917_f71dcccf8d_b.jpg20190618_080435 by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

48137160497_a0a9b856d9_b.jpg20190620_121412 by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

48137074836_edc7615e56_b.jpg20190620_121445 by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

48137074911_89ec390ced_b.jpg20190620_121448 by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

48137075026_a7903af01b_b.jpg20190620_121505 by Brundle Donk, on Flickr

• Like 35

Well, if that's Andrew Lincoln in The Walking Dead, the likeness is blinking good... as is the painting, of course, which is just jaw-dropping!

And if it's not billed as Andrew Lincoln, then he should sue.... 😜

best,

M.

• Like 1

Lovely, excellent, definitive painting-skills we can see here. Just as the old modeller's saying would have it "If you can paint figures well, you can paint anything". 

You can definitely paint figures. I am somewhat jealous of your skills, my friend. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 9:02 PM, Alex Gordon said:

I think it's safe to say that you've pretty much got the hang of that game.:thumbsup::speak_cool::goodjob:

Have some of these too :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

thank you for the kind words and also the penguins 🤣

Pete

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 9:10 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

Well, if that's Andrew Lincoln in The Walking Dead, the likeness is blinking good... as is the painting, of course, which is just jaw-dropping!

And if it's not billed as Andrew Lincoln, then he should sue.... 😜

best,

M.

Thank you, and yes its definitely Andrew Lincoln as Rick but i don't know who made these as i was sent them but they are very good sculpts

Pete 

On 6/28/2019 at 2:10 AM, Jim Wasley said:

"OUTSTANDING"

Thank you Jim

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 5:16 PM, JohnT said:

Brilliant. Especially the eyes which so often don’t quite come up to the rest of the painting but you have nailed it there

Thank you, 

The eyes were a bit of a struggle for on this one and i think the blue is a touch too bright but in hand due to the small size they look better

Pete

On 7/5/2019 at 10:05 AM, rockpopandchips said:

flippin eck thats outstanding! 

thank you buddy

Pete

On 7/5/2019 at 8:51 PM, spruecutter96 said:

Lovely, excellent, definitive painting-skills we can see here. Just as the old modeller's saying would have it "If you can paint figures well, you can paint anything". 

You can definitely paint figures. I am somewhat jealous of your skills, my friend. 

Chris. 

thanks Chris and although i may be able to paint then reasonably well in this scale, anything smaller doesnt seem to work for me lol and i just end up with a flesh coloured blob on a neck 

Pete

On 7/7/2019 at 6:59 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry i have to say this. " CAARRRRLLL" 😉 ... Great work so far, been a WD fan since day one and haven't missed an episode yet. Looking forward to the movies and the 3rd series next year. 

Dennis

thank you and i'm a big fan of the show too and very much looking forward to the standalone Rick movies 

Pete

On 7/8/2019 at 5:17 AM, billn53 said:

That’s crazy good!

thank you kindly sir 

Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brundledonk said:

thank you and i'm a big fan of the show too and very much looking forward to the standalone Rick movies 

Superb painting, very realistic, but standalone Rick movies??   What no "KAAARRRL"

p.s.  The penguins are on special today.  :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

• Like 1