Frogspawn (Novo) F247 Wessex

Grandboof

Hi All 

While looking for the promised Barracuda I found this. Will try to finish it and end the woeful streak this year . Bag still sealed so everything should still be there. 

Martin H 

spacer.png

• Like 10

Excellent choice Martin. 

With my Sea Venom and Ray's ( @Romeo Alpha Yankee )'s Gannet, we now have the full Frog compliment of HMAS Melbourne's late 50's / early 60's flying equipment. 

Will look forward to seeing this one come together. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Excellent choice Martin. 

With my Sea Venom and Ray's ( @Romeo Alpha Yankee )'s Gannet, we now have the full Frog compliment of HMAS Melbourne's late 50's / early 60's flying equipment. 

Will look forward to seeing this one come together. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

Thanks Dave An Aussie Sea Fury anyone ?

11 hours ago, Jeepboy said:

The Novo bag and card - that brought back memories !   (I now know I am as old as I feel  😞  )

Worse when you can remember Frog and Airfix in a bag 

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great to see the Wessex represented Martin.Look forward to this.!

Hopefully will actually finish this Hope you won't be disappointed 

Martin H

8 hours ago, Vicarage Vee said:

Ah, memories.  My first Novo kit, from a stall in Dunstable (don't laugh) some time around 1978/9. I still think it can make up into a very nice model.

This would have been bought about the same time The price shown is the original . 40 years in the stash building is way overdue 

Thanks all for looking 

Martin H 

• Like 1

Hi All 

A check of the bag all parts present although some are a little bend nothing broken(YET) . Decals appear usable but the Roos don't look right and will be replaced 

Finally back to the modelling table . Thanks and as always comments welcome 

Martin H

spacer.png 

• Like 7

Hi Martin, I'm keen to see this come together, I've a couple of these in stock, one to do as a Commando one & one as a plane guard job from Eagle when she visited Wellington in 1971, so any tips I cam pick up along the way will be most useful.

Steve.

I think this was probably the first helicopter kit I managed to complete - the Airfix Whirlwind having been binned as the glue I was using could not seem to keep the rotor blades in place for any great length of time - no superglue in those days! It makes up into a nice kit and I still have it together with 2 or 3 spare sets of decals. Mine is in the brown paint scheme so it will be nice to see one in the Aussie colours.

Good luck with the build.

Pete

PS I did eventually manage to build a Whirwind and later converted it to the turbine version.

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

Hi All 

Managed to throw some black  around today . Step back ; Part of the main gear is missing but should be easily replaced by wire bent to shape . Step Forward; Found a set of Frog decals in the stash so to avoid Novo nasties .

Steve which model are you planning ? (If it's Frog or Frogspawn you know there's room for another here No Pressure)

Pete Thanks Any chance of a Pic of your Wessex ?

Thanks all for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grandboof said:

Steve which model are you planning ? (If it's Frog or Frogspawn you know there's room for another here No Pressure)

The Frogspawn Vampire is looking more tenuous by the day but I still have hope, a Wessex would be a large step too far. :(

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All 

Quick update time . Preliminary construction done . There won't be much internal detail done as not much will be seen . Should be closed up tomorrow 

Thanks as always for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 8

Hi All 

All closed up . Internal details are done although the masking tape seat belts look  a tad over scale . The fit was surprisingly good . I guess this was an early Novo release before the molds were flogged . I am leaving the main rotor until later as i am planning to leave it removable . Thanks as always for looking 

Martin Hspacer.png

• Like 9

Good progress Martin,watch the wheel strut construction the original frog sheet is vague I ended up looking at pictures of the real thing to work

it out,I then stupidly cut off the main strut to fuselage pins and had to make new ones to mount the damn thing's and don't get me started on the

mountain of shavings on the floor trying to get the fuselage join into reasonable shape!

• Like 1

Hi All 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, stevej60 said:

Good progress Martin,watch the wheel strut construction the original frog sheet is vague I ended up looking at pictures of the real thing to work

it out,I then stupidly cut off the main strut to fuselage pins and had to make new ones to mount the damn thing's and don't get me started on the

mountain of shavings on the floor trying to get the fuselage join into reasonable shape!

The wheel struts are going to be fun The locating pin on one is broken and one cross member is missing . Meanwhile the main rotor is complete ready for priming , no real issues there . Fuselage joint is filled ready for sanding . Thanks all for looking in 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 6

Hi All 

Clear parts Clearfixed . Again a good fit Next the masking Then the u/c to be sorted 

On 7/28/2019 at 9:36 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Another Aussie aircraft......

Don't keep letting @Rabbit Leader Bully you into building the ones he wants !

Looks the business, by the way ;)

Cheers Pat

More like a suggestion no pressure 

Thanks for looking  more soon 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

Masked and primed  I had hoped to have some colour on by now . That should happen in a couple of days . Thanks all for looking .Sorry for the slow progress 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 7

Hi All 

It has white uppers now although it may not be all that clear in the pics . One more coat and on to the Blue . More soon Thanks for looking

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Evening All

A little more progress A little bluer than last time . I will be applying the decals and touch ups at this point so as to avoid things being knocked off. This brings up the major hurdle . Most of the u/c legs are either broken or missing so will have to make some . This is the fun part . I still hope to make the deadline .

Regards Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 7