Wolf-Udo Ettel 109 G-6 Tamiya

Using the superlative 1/48 Tamiya kit, but leaving the gimmicks aside, here is my artistic view of the final plane of Wolf-Udo Ettel, when hit by AA fire he crashed to his death in Italy, July 1943. At the time he was an ace with 124 victories. Hope you like it

48133547611_d78985b191_b.jpg

48133638447_3df748a943_b.jpg

48133638427_a8b8f32b05_b.jpg

48133578013_ba0d7f6b86_b.jpg

48133638422_5950f37e30_b.jpg

48133638472_e2c97edc02_b.jpg

48133638297_821dec4096_b.jpg

48133547521_0b1f72af09_b.jpg

48133547666_f021fc424d_b.jpg

48133547651_6c63038130_b.jpg

• Like 44

Wow!  Where do I start?  The amazing attention to detail?  Or, the spot-on weathering?   Paintwork?  Yes, and superb photos too!   I love this model Holzhamer! :worthy:   It's kind of hard to believe but I've never built a 109 before and the only 109 kit in my model stash is the old Hobbycraft 109-E.   I may break my resolution to not buy more new kits and get this gem of a kit!  If it turns out half this good, I'm a happy modeler.😀 

• Thanks 1

Very Impression work and sad story . It is really a perfect kit. I built it too last year as you can see on one of my posts.

Your pic‘s are very nice and I love this subtil weathering. Nothing is overdone. Very nice!

10 from 10 Points !!!!!

best regards 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Very Impression work and sad story . It is really a perfect kit. I built it too last year as you can see on one of my posts.

Thank you Andy for your kind feedback about the build. I am trying to find the build post you did of this same kit but can’t find it. Can you please send me a link? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

It's kind of hard to believe but I've never built a 109 before and the only 109 kit in my model stash is the old Hobbycraft 109-E.   I may break my resolution to not buy more new kits and get this gem of a kit!  If it turns out half this good, I'm a happy modeler.😀 

Give it a try Gary, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with what you’ll find in the box. Just take some time thinking how you want the plane to look and with some dedication it will be a rewarding experience 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Your pic‘s are very nice and I love this subtil weathering. Nothing is overdone. Very nice!

10 from 10 Points !!!!!

best regards 

Andy 

4 hours ago, Holzhamer said:

Thank you Andy for your kind feedback about the build. I am trying to find the build post you did of this same kit but can’t find it. Can you please send me a link? Thanks!

When  you go on the search item right above, please type tamiya bf-109 Andy Dyck. I think it must appear then.

thx for looking 

Wow what a pretty ME 109, she looks fantastic, well done mate. Great paint and weathering job, but also nice photography.

You inspiring me to build my one soon, coz the new Tamiya 109 is a great kit.

• Thanks 1

Outstanding!... very impressive!...inspirious to do the mine...thank you for posting this excelent subject!

Muito obrigado. Saudações!

Luiz.

• Thanks 1

Superb, it's builds like this that convinced me to move up from 1/72 to 1/48 scale. I have to get the Tamiya 109 on my workbench soon. Inspirational stuff, thanks for posting.

Duncan B

• Thanks 1